Thread: Lowered ride height and Adaptive Chassis Control

Lowered ride height and Adaptive Chassis Control

I've got a B7 Passat with the Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC) option fitted and have been considering finding some way to lower the ride height by 15-20mm to change the look of the car.

Question comes to my mind through this is whether the DCC would require a recalibration/tune against the new spring heights if I'm doing this? Having the dampers allow nicer settings depending on my drive situation is great. Comfort for the long haul highway rides, Sport for the twisty country roads or if I want to get my son to fall asleep and Normal for the everyday commute in town.

I recognise that with shortening the springs I'm going to stiffen up the ride and the comfort levels somewhat. How much though? Will lowering the ride height by the 15mm or so mark make the ride a level lower? My current Normal setting will feel a bit more like Sport setting and Sport setting a bit firmer than before... stuff like that?

Anyone have any advice on these?

On my scirocco it feels a bit firmer and I'm 35mm lower

Biggest difference is being a tad more "bouncy" but 15mm won't make any meaningful difference imo

Does your Sirocco have DCC and was the lowered ride height standard fitting for the car when you purchased it?

Still a bit puzzled as to whether I'd need to get a recalibration of the DCC if I lowered the car.

I've sent an enquiry to VW but so far no response.