Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - Tempe Tyres Sydney - 225/40/18 - $250

Users Country Flag

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - Tempe Tyres Sydney - 225/40/18 - $250

Tempe Tyres are letting these go at a very good price right now
    (They are not old tyres - mine are week 45 of 2012)
    You can buy them off eBay and get them delivered or pick them up in person and have them fitted for free

While I love my Michelin PS3 tyres, have a stage2 ECU which gives me problems putting the power down
    I really wanted to try these tyres and see if they are better and make my power more usable

From the reviews to date, you would not expect them to last the same amount of km as the Michelin PS3
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Without getting into road-legal track tyres, I think you'll have to step up to a set of what Tire Rack call, 'Extreme Performance Summer' tyres (i.e. road tyres with a heavy emphasis on dry grip/handling), such as the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 or Potenza RE-11A.

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 : Tire Rack

Otherwise, the Michelin Pilot Super Sport is probably considered to be best in class when it comes to performance road tyres (excluding the 'Extreme Performance Summer' tyre category).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for bringing the RE-11 to my attention - I was not aware of it

Most tests I've read rate the Goodyear F1 A2 above the Michelin PS3 on outright performance
    but the Michelin PS3 wins out on wear rate (km) and value for money
    They are both in the same class for sure.

I only purhased 2 of these Goodyear F1 A2 tires to experience them for myself
    Given they were $50 cheaper than my PS3's I don't mine if they wear out quick

Clearly, the next candidate will be the RE-11
    It does frustrate me when the traction control kicks in
    It's terrible in the wet, torque steers all over the road - but that's ok, I calm down and don't bother in the wet
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers

Erk - problem - the USA RE-11 is completely different to what is on the Bridgestone AU web site

The Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 is Bridgestone’s premium performance tyre strictly for circuit use. One of the major features this tyre provides is the compatibility with dry grip and drainage performance by embracing seamless stealth pattern design.

Looks like that USA RE-11 is what we know as the RE002

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Erk - problem - the USA RE-11 is completely different to what is on the Bridgestone AU web site

That is the RE11S...the Bridgestone website has the S missing in the description. They are super expensive!!

Below is the actual RE11...there is also the RE11A.

Potenza RE-11 Extreme Performance Tire | Bridgestone Tires

2 X 275-30-19 2753019 BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE-11 TYRES *BRAND NEW* | eBay

Not the same tyre.

Most tests I've read rate the Goodyear F1 A2 above the Michelin PS3 on outright performance
    but the Michelin PS3 wins out on wear rate (km) and value for money
    They are both in the same class for sure.
    Consensus has the Michelin Pilot Super Sport as the superior performance tyre than either the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2.

All three tyres compete in the same category.

It does frustrate me when the traction control kicks in
    It's terrible in the wet, torque steers all over the road - but that's ok, I calm down and don't bother in the wet
    Even racing tyres are not immune to wheelspin and/or loss of traction. With increases in power comes the need to regulate the throttle input in a more precise manner. This needs to be mastered in order to maximise traction and minimise intervention by the vehicle's traction control system.

ATYPIC is correct. That's actually a photo of the Potenza RE-11S.

Again, ATYPIC is correct. The RE-11 and RE002 are two completely different tyres and compete in different categories.

Thanks Diesel - great input...

the latest Motor magazine tyre test rated the Asym2 2nd overall, and best in the wet. with the Pirelli Pzero no. 1.

Motor has stated in the past that tyre models vary in performance from size to size.

i've got Asym 1 on my RS4 and had Asym 2 on my S3 and both are brilliant.

deisel-vert, technically you may be correct that one brand is better than another, but I could probably find half a dozen different test with different results.

but for the half a dozen top shelf tyres that typically get tested, I suspect there arent many drivers on this forum that could really tell the difference.

What I can advise about the Asym2s aside from performance is:

1/ they have a massive rim protector on them so they provide better rim protection than other tyres
    2/ the rim protector gives the appearance thet they are almost 20mm wider than reality and gives the appearance of a little bit of stretch.
    2007 Audi RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade; JHM Quick Shifter; Milltek Catback and Downpipes; KW V3 Coilovers; Argon Creative Carbon Fibre Splitters

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast