Support VWWC

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good price on Goodyear Tyres

Users Country Flag

Thanks tigger, I jumped on a set of 225/40 18. Rubal was awesome to deal with
    '03 1.8T AGU

Users Country Flag
    Hi, I'm interested in the 225/40/18. However i'm from Sydney. What's the best way to get these tyres from these guys?
    Current: |MY15 W205 Mercedes-Benz C250 | Polar White | AMG | COMAND | VISION |
    Previous |MY10 MKVI GTI | Candy White | 5 Door | Manual | Bi-xenons | 18' Detroits | MDI | R LEDs Tail Lights|

Quote Originally Posted by Kwoka View Post
    Hi, I'm interested in the 225/40/18. However i'm from Sydney. What's the best way to get these tyres from these guys?
    Just give them a call and they can arrange interstate shipping to your door.

Last I heard they had sold out of 18's but hopefully they get some more in next week before the sale ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Well for all you guys that wanted F1A2's in 17's, Goodyear Croydon/Rubal has 6 sets landing tomorrow for the final 2 days of the 4 for 3 sale.

4 x 225/45R17 F1 Assymetric 2 fitted for $699.

You'll have to add freight/fitting if you want these shipped interstate. But even then they're still a good deal - just if you're in Melbourne it's a steal.

Hurry these won't last. They went through so many of the 18's that they ran out of stock. I think they had GTI's lining up out the driveway

Users Country Flag
    225/40r18's F1-A2's are back in stock. 4x will cost $630 inc. fitting.
    Stock arriving next week, however I will need to invoice them out before Friday.

0421155533. PM/text but please do not call. I am leaving for the Goodyear National Conference in Hong Kong tomorrow afternoon, so I won't be picking up.

Guys who recently changed their tyres at the Goodyear Croydon do remember to check your tyre pressure after a couple of days to make sure they are ok.

I found all 4 of my tyres not holding pressure after a few days. Dropped at least 5 psi after a week. Not something that happened on my old tyres.

Don't think its a problem with the tyres itself or my rims (as they are less than a year old and in good condition) but maybe dirt/too much oil when mounting the new tyres, valves or something else. All still speculations at this point but will see where I go from here. Dont think I can afford to pump up the tyres every few days. Anyone knows why?

After scratches on my rims, 2 broken hub caps and realising that all new tyres not holding pressure... Sadly not a good experience at Goodyear Croydon. Best thing to do would be to pick up those tyres and have them installed at a trusted and reputable tyre place.
    No mods to show.

Quote Originally Posted by jwlc View Post
    Guys who recently changed their tyres at the Goodyear Croydon do remember to check your tyre pressure after a couple of days to make sure they are ok.

I found all 4 of my tyres not holding pressure after a few days. Dropped at least 5 psi after a week. Not something that happened on my old tyres.

Don't think its a problem with the tyres itself or my rims (as they are less than a year old and in good condition) but maybe dirt/too much oil when mounting the new tyres, valves or something else. All still speculations at this point but will see where I go from here. Dont think I can afford to pump up the tyres every few days. Anyone knows why?

After scratches on my rims, 2 broken hub caps and realising that all new tyres not holding pressure... Sadly not a good experience at Goodyear Croydon. Best thing to do would be to pick up those tyres and have them installed at a trusted and reputable tyre place.
    Sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience.

If you don't want to go back to get the issues resolved then I'd certainly get your rims/tyres looked at as they shouldn't be losing pressure.

I know a number of others that bought tyres from Goodyear Croydon and had no complaints (though a number of these were shipped interstate). If you have a trusted tyre shop locally then probably best to stick with them in future and pay a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience.

If you don't want to go back to get the issues resolved then I'd certainly get your rims/tyres looked at as they shouldn't be losing pressure.

I know a number of others that bought tyres from Goodyear Croydon and had no complaints (though a number of these were shipped interstate). If you have a trusted tyre shop locally then probably best to stick with them in future and pay a bit more.
    Hi Tigger,

I've sent them an email to ask about the pressure loss, haven't heard back but not surprise since I suspect they won't be too interested to helping to resolve this problem.

I'm sure we are all quite confident of goodyear tyres, so its quite expected to not get complaints on interstate shipments.

Agree with you that its imperative to get the leaks resolved (or at least monitor the pressure before drives). Before I get anyone else to touch the tyres, I'll seek advice from Goodyear directly.

After this incident, I'd know better to stand beside my car as they work on it. Interesting, this is something Ruben wrote in his reply (as reported by his staff)... that I was standing beside my car all the time as his staff worked on it. Funny thing is all the while, I was waiting in the waiting area.
    No mods to show.

Quote Originally Posted by jwlc View Post
    Hi Tigger,

I've sent them an email to ask about the pressure loss, haven't heard back but not surprise since I suspect they won't be too interested to helping to resolve this problem.

I'm sure we are all quite confident of goodyear tyres, so its quite expected to not get complaints on interstate shipments.

Agree with you that its imperative to get the leaks resolved (or at least monitor the pressure before drives). Before I get anyone else to touch the tyres, I'll seek advice from Goodyear directly.

After this incident, I'd know better to stand beside my car as they work on it. Interesting, this is something Ruben wrote in his reply (as reported by his staff)... that I was standing beside my car all the time as his staff worked on it. Funny thing is all the while, I was waiting in the waiting area.
    You'll probably have to wait until they're back from Easter to get a reply. Plus as you can probably imagine the last days of their sale last week they would have been run off their feet more than likely. Combined with people wanting new tyres before heading away for Easter.

I'd suggest you give them a call on Tuesday to sort things out.

Users Country Flag

Another big thumbs up to Rubal!

Had a work colleague chasing down 225/40s and Rubal's deal has come in way, way, way under what the local price-gougers up the road wanted to charge.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast