Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT

Users Country Flag

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT

Has anyone heard much about (good or bad) or had any experience with these tires? I've looked them up a bit and seen mainly good things, along with Dunlop being a pretty reputable brand. I've had Dunlops on my car before too.

Anyway, Beaurepaires has offered them to me for $230 a tire, which I'm thinking is a pretty decent deal. The size I'm getting is 225/40-18.
    '06 Jetta TFSI

Users Country Flag
    Pretty sure that's what are on my factory Skoda rims.

They were a decent tyre and plenty of grip. Not too hard in the 40 profile too.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ok cheers! I don't think I can go wrong with Dunlop really...
    '06 Jetta TFSI

I had TT's on my STi. Absolutely best tyre grip and wear I have experienced. Especially on AWD car.
    The RT are the new model (superseeding the TT) and I wouldn't hesitate to get them.

Users Country Flag
    They were 9th or 13th in the Motor tyre test, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 was 1st

The Dunlop RT was awesome in the wet but otherwise reluctant to turn in (under pressure)

They sell for $160 each in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    They were 9th or 13th in the Motor tyre test, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 was 1st
    When was this test done? Is it available online? I really would like a tyre that is good in the wet, sick of wheel spin with the slightest acceleration.

And cheers JLR!
    '06 Jetta TFSI

Users Country Flag
    It was a large Euro Motor test over a year ago - try google

You're not going to solve FWD wheel spin in the wet with tyres
    Even my Michelin PS3 were easy to light up in the wet
    The only solution appears to be sensible control and usage

I'm trying to minimize FWD wheel spin off the mark in the dry and not making much progress
    (Having a StageII ECU seems to have exceeded the designed front end capability/grip)
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by mattchu View Post
    Has anyone heard much about (good or bad) or had any experience with these tires? I've looked them up a bit and seen mainly good things, along with Dunlop being a pretty reputable brand. I've had Dunlops on my car before too.

Anyway, Beaurepaires has offered them to me for $230 a tire, which I'm thinking is a pretty decent deal. The size I'm getting is 225/40-18.
    Brand name 225/40 R18 tyres, for whatever reason, tend to priced very poorly in Australia, so $230 is a very good price for the latest design (launched in Europe last year) in Dunlop's performance road tyre range, especially considering you are purchasing them locally from a store front.

I think you will find it difficult to do better for the price unless you purchase online or from overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_vert View Post
    Brand name 225/40 R18 tyres, for whatever reason, tend to priced very poorly in Australia, so $230 is a very good price for the latest design (launched in Europe last year) in Dunlop's performance road tyre range, especially considering you are purchasing them locally from a store front.

I think you will find it difficult to do better for the price unless you purchase online or from overseas.
    Yeah I keep on finding that, I'm just assuming its not a common size? I just went with that deal, best ive been quoted for decent tyres in that size.

The good thing is that the price I've been quoted includes fitting, online doesn't do of course. And I want my new wheels on asap so should be tomorrow. Very excited!

Users Country Flag

Can you please tell me what store gave you that price? keen on either the Sports Maxx RT or the Continental Conti Sport Contact 5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast