Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Painting Your Wheels...

DIY: Painting Your Wheels...

Hello fellows,

Just a quick DIY to share. Holiday is coming up, and with some free time this can be done in a day or so. Below are the scanned copy of the DIY i found in one of my auto saloon mag. Pretty cheap mod i think, and looks really good too.

The result look:

Higher Quality pix

This is only a photoshop image, i havn't attempted this yet, but as i said, holiday is coming up =)

Last edited by shaneth; 23-07-2007 at 10:20 PM.

I wanted to do this with Golf rims but they don't fit .

Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaps View Post
    I wanted to do this with Golf rims but they don't fit .

Looks good!
    Hey Flaps,

Yeh, it's a real shame =( But, i found this guy over at club polo that "17" BBS MONZA" on his polo? =S
    Link

maybe we can get replicas that will suit our car...

On that note, does anyone know whether the original "Denver" 17" wheels from the golf gti will fit onto the polo? Or are they the same as those BBS Monza's? I found a set of these selling on ebay, they look alright. I would seriously consider them if I had the money.
    Last edited by Cygnus; 18-06-2007 at 01:58 PM.

My understanding is that the Golf GTI rims don't fit on a Polo GTI. I never knew those BBS rims existed though, could be good alternative and worth checking out. I'd suspect they wouldn't be cheap, being BBS.

From memory

Polo stud patten is 5 x 100 Golf is 5 x 112.5, so they wont fit

Just checked BBS Aust site and they don't have them listed. I'm speculating but maybe BBS UK make them to fit/order Polo stud measurements (unlike VW). How else did that guy do it? It's personal preference but I reckon the original GTI rims are awesome, and in 17' with better and lower profile tyres, you're looking at improved handling dynamics too.

Quote Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
    Just checked BBS Aust site and they don't have them listed. I'm speculating but maybe BBS UK make them to fit/order Polo stud measurements (unlike VW). How else did that guy do it? It's personal preference but I reckon the original GTI rims are awesome, and in 17' with better and lower profile tyres, you're looking at improved handling dynamics too.

Most definitely!! Best looking stockies for our kinda "budget" car. 17 on the polo would certainly look really nice, but i have to say, i can live with my 16 also!.. so, it really depends how much $$ a person got.. =P

hey the stock rims in gunmetal actually doesn't look so bad...

adam would you be able to lower the car abit and post it - it's gonna look tops!

Guess it all comes down to what you want to achieve. I wouldn't risk spraying my stock rims - what if was noticable, ie spray-on look, or it eventually came off? Definately experiment on your spare wheel first and if it doesn't look 100% and/or pass the test, at least its only cost you the price of the cans.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast