Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Painting Your Wheels...

This looks like fun. I might put the VR6 up on blocks and paint up my rims. And whats a second coat of paint if i dont like black? they need painting anyway.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ScienceVR6 View Post
    This looks like fun. I might put the VR6 up on blocks and paint up my rims. And whats a second coat of paint if i dont like black? they need painting anyway.
    White goes with anything

hmm... white looks a bit rice to me if its not the right car... black is my choice. btw to add to what that article said, apply some primer first and lightly sand it after its dried before applying the paint.

edit: rayray if those are your rims in your sig, DONT PAINT THEM! you'll spend a week just trying to sand between the spokes and if you dont sand them the paint wont stick. i once painted some r32-like rims (spokey) but never again...
    New user account: Mischa

Have: gt sport tdi, mk2 gti, mk1 3dr

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanwithaVdub View Post
    hmm... white looks a bit rice to me if its not the right car... black is my choice. btw to add to what that article said, apply some primer first and lightly sand it after its dried before applying the paint.

edit: rayray if those are your rims in your sig, DONT PAINT THEM! you'll spend a week just trying to sand between the spokes and if you dont sand them the paint wont stick. i once painted some r32-like rims (spokey) but never again...
    Haha sorry, I meant Science's white car goes with any coloured wheel White wheels I only associate with rally, and personally can't stand them on a street car (I used to like them though...).

And I would NEVER attempt to paint the centres of the BBS RS I have! I had a bad time trying to sand my 5-spoke wheels (admittedly I did try to use paint stripper first but that failed miserably due to my part so I ended up sanding away ALL the paint on one of the wheels )

Users Country Flag
    Pictures of what I did over the weekends:

Yeah, dodgy, and my paint layering skills are pretty sh*t. Only stock 14's though, a bit of fun.

those rims would look hot on a mk1.... especially mine how much ya want for em?
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    Seriously??? I've got a VR6 brake conversion coming up when I get some other parts in (should be in a month's time) and will be fitting on 5 studded wheels from then on. I will need to get rid of those black Enkei's! I'll PM you

just a question i know this thread is a old one, reckon i could do this without taking the tyres off? im sure it will still work? im not bothered that much about the insides??
    holden s ute 2002

but i still love the VW WATERCOOLED CLUB

Yeh u can, ive seen it posted up on vortex before. However some tyre places might even take the tyres off u for free if u can get them down there, it just makes things easier to do since u dont need to mask it up if u know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by benissatan View Post
    just a question i know this thread is a old one, reckon i could do this without taking the tyres off? im sure it will still work? im not bothered that much about the insides??
    You can by taping the tyres off but it wont have the same effect. wont look as good.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast