Support VWWC

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: CHINESE TYRES vs BRAND NAME

Users Country Flag

We run 235/45 R17s on my wife's Golf Mk5, I can usually get two Bridgestone Potenza RE003 fitted and balanced for around $320.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Ok, I know you’ve said that. But, tell me, do you play sport?

If yes,
    wouldn’t better shoes improve your performance?
    Just like better tyres improve your car’s handling and braking.

Your experiment can only withstand and be called comparison or test, if you were comparing price, ok in some way the longevity of the tyres as well, but even that could be impacted by lesser quality because you paid less and in some ways it could cost you more in the end.

It’s wise to always choose the best quality tyres the one can afford.
    You bought KF tyres because you didn’t want to pay more for a better ones and I accept that.
    all the facts in the world will never change the opinion of someone who knows that they have superior drive skills

who knows, maybe they have some special way of making crap tyres grip a surface in a way that tyre manufacturers haven’t thought of!

think of the massive impact their awesomeness could have to the world of automotive handling! If only everyone who drives were as good as them...

Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    ive used them and up until 25 - 30k they were good in the wet ... i still use them and theyre fine in the dry and still useable in the wet.

Users Country Flag
    Again, this says it all really. Cr@ppy tyres at the bottom end in all disciplines.

Save some money and take your life in your own hands .....

MOTOR Tyre Test 2019: Finding Australia's best performance tyre
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Again, this says it all really. Cr@ppy tyres at the bottom end in all disciplines.

Save some money and take your life in your own hands .....

MOTOR Tyre Test 2019: Finding Australia's best performance tyre

yeh bud. you know when you spend $250 - 400 per tyre they dont automatically drive the car for you.

you can post as many links as you want, the point of this thread was for me to TRY AND TEST, share my feedback, driving experiences and maybe help some others in the purchasing choice based on some real world experience and not hypothesise and theorise like yourself.

If you feel like you are an unconfident driver that has a need to spend the extra on tyres then go forth and do so noones stopping you its called consumer choice.

but it seems that after 15 pages of thread the point was lost on you..

For everyone else... in terms of durability my fronts are getting close to needing replacing and my rears still have a little bit on them (inspected by a shop).... they are at around 36k now ... were rotated at 13 - 15k.

still useable but will be replacing soon.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    yeh bud. you know when you spend $250 - 400 per tyre they dont automatically drive the car for you.

you can post as many links as you want, the point of this thread was for me to TRY AND TEST, share my feedback, driving experiences and maybe help some others in the purchasing choice based on some real world experience and not hypothesise and theorise like yourself.

If you feel like you are an unconfident driver that has a need to spend the extra on tyres then go forth and do so noones stopping you its called consumer choice.

but it seems that after 15 pages of thread the point was lost on you..

For everyone else... in terms of durability my fronts are getting close to needing replacing and my rears still have a little bit on them (inspected by a shop).... they are at around 36k now ... were rotated at 13 - 15k.

still useable but will be replacing soon.
    Mate, I have been driving for many years now, having personally owned over 30 cars in a mixture of high performance to very average commuters. I have experience on cheap tyres as well as performance tyres and everything in between.

I certainly do not need a magazine to "inform" me, but I do like it though, when their testing confirms my own extensive experience. If you put rubbish tyres (read mainly Chinese here) on your car you put your life at risk. Simple as that.

If saving money is more important to you than actually being able to stop in time in an emergency, go for it, it is as you say "Consumer choice".
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Mate, I have been driving for many years now, .
    excellent.

Head scratch

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    excellent.
    So many old people getting butthurt about tires. I don’t know why they felt they had to keep chiming in on a Kinforest review for 15 pages. How’s your set treating you?

Here’s me on Kinforest rears. Good forbid I crash this thing because of the cheap tires.

Kinforest KF550 for the Internet dads and their trash Volkswagens - YouTube

Users Country Flag
    22months later? jog on.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by Fcvette View Post
    So many old people getting butthurt about tires. I don’t know why they felt they had to keep chiming in on a Kinforest review for 15 pages. How’s your set treating you?

Here’s me on Kinforest rears. Good forbid I crash this thing because of the cheap tires.

Kinforest KF550 for the Internet dads and their trash Volkswagens - YouTube
    First post and commenting on a thread with no posts for 22 months..............credibility zero.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast