Thread: A3 - what wheels will fit - need new wheels

A3 - what wheels will fit - need new wheels

I am new to Audi with a new 8P A3 1.8TFSI Sportback (and with a tuned LS1 V8 for brute power).

The factory wheels it came with have to go (bog basic boring 5 spoke alloys). Strangely my wife does not understand what is wrong with them.

I have searched but I have only achieved a slow accumulation of little bits of information.No precise answers as to what will fit on my A3. My understanding is that my std 17' rims are 17 x 7.5, 5 x 112, 57.1mm centrebore and offset of ???. Is that PCD correct and can someone please tell me what the offset is?

Looking under the rear one would not want to extend too much further inward although the control arm seems to "notched" in the area of the tyre wall. At the front the current clearance behind to the strut is minimal.

Looking outward the tyre wall appears to be approx 15 to 20 mm within the rear guard edge and I assume the suspension travel is such that the tyre never really gets near the guard/guard liner.

It appears that the Audi factory rims for A4/A6 have offsets that will not work with the A3. Correct?

Any general information as to sizing, what will fit and links that anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

If you have a nice set of rims for an A3 you want to sell drop me a line.

Grant

Users Country Flag
    The specs you've quoted seem about right for a current A3 - the older ones had a 5x100 PCD, and wheel swaps with Mk4 Golfs or late model Polos were sometimes possible.

The offset is probably stamped somewhere on the wheels - I'd be a litle surprised if all the factory/dealer option wheels were the exact same offset, but they'll almost certainly fall within a range.
    Nothing to see here...

Offset is 54.