Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unique A1

Users Country Flag

Could it be an aftermarket system therefore J446 module is not where Audi says it should be? In saying that, the beeper and wiring all looks factory.

Unless its on the other side of the dash (also check behind kick panels) then Audi have decided to hide it on you.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 31-03-2020 at 08:48 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Yeh I eventually found it. The illustration was for the LHD models so it kinda confused me a bit.

Got the multi meter and tested the buzzer and it’s open circuit so I’ll just replace it.
    Just funny that a faulty buzzer will disable the whole unit .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post

Apparently these little 1.6 TDI engine get huge gains with a stage 1 tune (+45kw and +90nm). That would make for a little rocket.
    Yeh for what I understand they these engines are highly governed for some reason.
    DYA clime that 20% power gains and 18% torque gains.
    They also claim fuel saving

This is a huge claim and too good to be true.
    Do you know of any others who can do a tune like this ?
    If it’s just a matter of flashing the ECU I’m all for it.

Users Country Flag
    Apart from trying MRL Automotive who is in Adelaide, https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f164/performance-tuning-$660-110285.html im not sure who else in Adelaide you could try.

Celtic Tuning is another option +70% power with Stage 1 ECU Remap on Audi A1 1.6 TDI 66 KW (2010-2011)

As for fuel savings, this is quite common after a remap. Every car i've had remapped has been better on fuel afterwards. Take my SQ5 for example, pre-remap I would average 10.1L/100km and since the tune im averaging 9.2L/100km with no change to type of driving or how I drive.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 31-03-2020 at 01:10 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Unique A1

It’s kinda too good to be true lol

I’m very new to TDI

what are the rick factors with a stage 1 tune?
    Am I going to be pushing the limits of the fuel pump?

Last edited by tyr382; 02-04-2020 at 12:49 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tyr382 View Post
    It’s kinda too good to be true lol

I’m very new to TDI

what are the rick factors with a stage 1 tune?
    Am I going to be pushing the limits of the fuel pump?
    Diesels are strong engines so nothing to worry about there. And basically any stage 1 tune is considered very safe from a fuel supply, turbo ability and engine longevity point of view - so basically zero risk. Welcome to the world of turbo engines, always plenty of power to be had as they are always detuned from the factory to take into account factors such as: poor maintenance, poor quality fuel, weather/temperature etc.

The factory detuning also allows the car company to offer an updated model a few years later with an extra 10-15kw without actually changing anything except the tune on the ECU and turning things up a bit.

Actually both my cars are good examples of this. The normal Subaru Liberty GT had 184kw and 339nm from factory. I have the limited edition 'tuned by STI' version which came with 194kw and 350nm despite the engine, turbo etc being identical.

And the wife's SQ5 is the normal 230kw and 650nm version which came out in 2013. A few years later, Audi offered a 'SQ5 Plus' model and bumped power up 250kw and 700nm - yet the engine and turbo's etc are identical. It's just Audi allowing themselves headroom to bump the power up to make the car more competitive as the model gets older and other brands are bringing new competing models out.

I have tuned every car I have owned and never had an issue. Tune away and enjoy.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Well it’s definitely something I, considering.
    It’s the wife’s car so i don’t wana put too much power in it. But if I was to go ahead with it I’d definitely want a spare set of injectors and fuel pump.

The tech I was talking to said it’s basically just upping the fuel pressure. I asked him if it exceeds the factory pressure of 1600 bar and he said he would get back to me. Coming from an engineering point of view, 1600 bar from a tiny belt driven device is remarkable.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tyr382 View Post
    factory pressure of 1600 bar
    That's the pressure modern high pressure fuel pumps in these cars operate for their direct injection setup's. But yes I agree that its quite amazing that a little pump and some lines can hold that kind of pressure in them.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 02-04-2020 at 08:07 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12