Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Yes, Powerlink was the clincher for me along with the low torque Stg1 tune available. Still on the stock clutch, so will run with that until I upgrade. That may be a while away as the stock clutch is still holding up well.

Modifying multiple cars at the same time, means less $$$ per car available, so I have to ration what each gets LOL I really need to finish some off completely. Every time I get close I found something else to add .... at this point in time I have parts incoming for 5 of the 6
    Yep I hear you - same here with my 2x cars. I like to tinker with both but paying off the house (boring but sensible) is the priority so there isn't a huge amount of $$ for tinkering. Not quite as many cars as you though....one day perhaps.

And yes, the availability of various versions of stage 1 and stage 2 tunes is very handy. After loading on my stage 2 hi torque for example I was getting lots of wheelspin (FWD life....even with the PP diff) so I ended up loading on the stage 2 low torque which is still quick but hasn't got quite as much torque in the mid-range so its much kinder on the tyres - and too be honest its probably faster overall due to less wheelspin.

Will be interesting to see how your stock clutch goes with the tune as that is certainly a weak point on the manuals. But in saying that, when I had my Mk6 GTI and Mk6 R both manuals and both tuned (GTI stage 2 and R stage 2+), I never had any issues.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Sharkie - ill just leave this link here for you. I saw these new Amarok headlights on the Euro Car Electronics facebook page the other day and thought of you.

Link to Euro Car Electronics Facebook page

Volkswagen Amarok LEDriving(R) halogen headlights upgrade BLACK EDITION OSRAM - Euro Car Performance & Electronics Upgrades
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Lucas, I did see those not too long ago. Euro Car Upgrades are not know for reasonable pricing though. These are about $1500 delivered from Europe, not $2500 plus fitment by ECU.

Currently have LED taillights on the way for the Amarok, will fit those 1st before I jump on these. I do have LED bulbs (Canbus error free) in the Amarok and they make a dramatic difference both visually and operationally. Cost a lot less than $1500 too.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Big box arrived for the R yesterday
    Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-do88-ic-jpg

Thanks to Dubaddiction I also acquired the necessary IE tuning credits to make full use of it ....

BTW, been running the IE Stg 1 High Torque tune for over 6 months now with no issues on the stock clutch, will be trying both Stg 2 tunes in the not too distant future. If the clutch holds I may just keep on driving it as is until I upgrade the turbo.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 08-04-2022 at 08:53 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Ahh new intercooler time. Wait until you see just how cheaply the original VW intercooler has been made.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Had the 2 Reds together over the weekend ....

Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-reds-2-jpg

Even in stock mode (power wise), Little Red's keys often gets grabbed over the others' when needing to go out quickly ... it is so much fun to drive.

On the way home last week, a pathetic excuse for a driver decided not to stop at an entry into a dual carriage main road and ran into me as I was passing by.

Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-acc_30may2022_01-jpg

Luckily no structural or mechanical damage

Should have it back before the end of the month, but this happened the day before I said farewell to my Mustang, so in a rental Camry now

Users Country Flag
    Bugger - that sucks. Luckily you are ok though.

There sooooo many bad drivers on the roads these days, and they just seem to be multiplying. I know one day im going to be in the same situation as you, and it will be the other drivers fault as they may as well be asleep at the wheel.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    On the way home last week, a pathetic excuse for a driver decided not to stop at an entry into a dual carriage main road and ran into me as I was passing by.

Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-acc_30may2022_01-jpg

Luckily no structural or mechanical damage

Should have it back before the end of the month, but this happened the day before I said farewell to my Mustang, so in a rental Camry now
    if you bought an ebay intercooler and invested the rest into a downpipe + stage 2 maybe you would have gotten past him faster !

atleast ur ok

So, yesterday installed a Miltek downpipe on the R and installed the IE Stg 2 93 Octane file ....

Did not go as well as expected. There is something seriously wrong with the IE Stg 2 files. Tried both high torque (pink line) and low torque (green line) files with no material difference. Other than an obvious fuelling issue (way too much fuel) not much pointed to what the problem could be. Well down on power compared to the Stg 1 98RON HT file (red line).

Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-ie-tune-jpg

Incidentally, the Stg 1 tune is very good. 247kw at the wheels and on a hot QLD evening too.

So reverted to Stg1 and will reach out to IE and see if there is a solution.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 30-11-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast