Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Been a fruitful weekend.

Fitted some bonnet struts to the T-Roc R(The Golf's have struts, the T-Roc cheaped out and only have the rod)
    Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-nebula-struts-jpgSharkie's Rides - Past & Present-nebula-struts-2-jpg

And fitted a full R600 Intake including the TIP to the T-Roc R
    Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-nebula-r600-jpg

Was very disappointed to discover that the T-Roc R (and presumably the Golf 8 R which shares this engine) only has direct injection, no port injection anymore. Hello carbon build-up
    Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-nebula-intake-mf-jpg
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Had a fruitful couple of weeks off work, though the actual car attention days were limited due to the extreme heat Brisbane was experiencing these holidays. It meant car work days were limited to cooler days only of which there were about 5

Of the 7 VWs in this photo, 4 of them got some attention
    Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-shed-cars1-jpgSharkie's Rides - Past & Present-shed-cars2-jpg

The Up! got new Coilovers installed. The H&R sport springs seem to have collapsed (most of the coils were touching) and the ride became unbearable.
    Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-up-coilovers-jpg

A new project rebuild of a 1.4T 90TSI was commenced and finished. Replaced LF fender, LF strut and LF control arm.
    Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-90tsi-lf-fender-jpgSharkie's Rides - Past & Present-90tsi-lf-fender-replaced-jpg

The Golf R got a HPA upgraded fuel pump installed
    Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-r-fuelpump0-jpgSharkie's Rides - Past & Present-r-fuelpump2-jpgSharkie's Rides - Past & Present-r-fuelpump1-jpg

The Polo GTI got a 3" downpipe, a rear swaybar and new DBA street performance brake pads (to go with the DBA 4000 discs) installed.
    Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-polo-rear-sway1-jpgSharkie's Rides - Past & Present-polo-rear-sway-2-jpg

EDIT: BTW, shout out to VW Austral's parts dept (Tim) who got me suspension parts (strut bearings & nuts etc) for the Up! at short notice overnight last week, when at the last minute I decided to replace rather than reuse what seemed to be fairly worn bits.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 08-01-2024 at 10:13 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

T-Roc Style had some love this long weekend.

Got the same bonnet struts as the R (thanks Ebay), and a Forge Blow-off valve fitted.

Sharkie's Rides - Past & Present-struts-blow-off-jpg

Only 1 thing left to do, and that is figuring out how to fit a MK7.5 GTI exhaust to it.

Also spent a good few hours coding out a Steering Angle sensor error on the 90TSI Golf using VCDS. After the hit on the LF it had a host of lovely yellow warning lights on the dash. All gone now after forcing a relearn of the Sensor.

Users Country Flag
    You have been a busy boy Sharkie. Your partner must love looking at the credit card statement as does mine........ive only got 2x cars.....you have about 10.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    You have been a busy boy Sharkie. Your partner must love looking at the credit card statement as does mine........ive only got 2x cars.....you have about 10.
    I know, it is getting out of hand

Technically out of 10 (there are actually 10 VWs in the family now!) only 2 are "mine" (R & GTI), my son has 2 (Amarok & Up!), wife has T-Roc R, daughter 1 has T-Roc Style, daughter 2 has 110TSI, daughter 2's partner soon will have the 90TSI although currently he is in the 66TSI Polo (which is for sale). Still need to get daughter 1's partner and son's partner into a VW and my work would be done LOL.

All of the current projects are now at an end, so next weekend the Amarok upgrade starts. AWD conversion for the RWD TSI plus a KO4 turbo upgrade is happening. It will probably take a few months as multiple components are getting touched in the process.

The Up! is showing signs of clutch cylinder going (don't know if it's the master or slave yet) so it may sneak in for more work If I can this will be delayed till after the Amarok is done, as the Up! needs gearbox work and new clutch anyway when the turbo goes on.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910