Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
Yes, Powerlink was the clincher for me along with the low torque Stg1 tune available. Still on the stock clutch, so will run with that until I upgrade. That may be a while away as the stock clutch is still holding up well.

Modifying multiple cars at the same time, means less $$$ per car available, so I have to ration what each gets LOL I really need to finish some off completely. Every time I get close I found something else to add .... at this point in time I have parts incoming for 5 of the 6
Yep I hear you - same here with my 2x cars. I like to tinker with both but paying off the house (boring but sensible) is the priority so there isn't a huge amount of $$ for tinkering. Not quite as many cars as you though....one day perhaps.

And yes, the availability of various versions of stage 1 and stage 2 tunes is very handy. After loading on my stage 2 hi torque for example I was getting lots of wheelspin (FWD life....even with the PP diff) so I ended up loading on the stage 2 low torque which is still quick but hasn't got quite as much torque in the mid-range so its much kinder on the tyres - and too be honest its probably faster overall due to less wheelspin.

Will be interesting to see how your stock clutch goes with the tune as that is certainly a weak point on the manuals. But in saying that, when I had my Mk6 GTI and Mk6 R both manuals and both tuned (GTI stage 2 and R stage 2+), I never had any issues.