Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seb's MKIV GTI

Seb's MKIV GTI

Figured I'd share this on here too. I have just finished lowering my GTI on BC BR Racing coilovers. She started out like this.

IMG_1197 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Now, she's sitting nicely on Ferrari 348 wheels. They're 17's I know, but I love it.

IMG_0001 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0002 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0008 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0010 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Basically the coils are as low as possible at the front without removing any locking rings. If I did that, my subframe would probably permanently touch the floor. The rear has the spring perches completely removed. I have only disconnected the front sway bar as of right now, but potentially cutting it out tomorrow.

Now it's time to enjoy driving a lowered car again.

I like the right 17 on a mk4, 18s are just easier though.
    Looking good!

Users Country Flag
    That's awsome! A lot of people just cut the sway bar out, when you're that low I do t think it'd make much of a difference to handling anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    I like the right 17 on a mk4, 18s are just easier though.
    Looking good!
    Thanks Dylan!

Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    That's awsome! A lot of people just cut the sway bar out, when you're that low I do t think it'd make much of a difference to handling anyway.
    Yeah, I'm chopping it out today potentially. Depends how we go.

Just do it. While it's a pain to install another one.And I doubt any version of end links will work for you in that bar at that height.
    While my car doesn't handle great, it's much better then stock without it and bags imo.
    Just keep the rest of your bushes fresh and it'll be enough for daily beating and giving it a boot full in a straight line

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    Just do it. While it's a pain to install another one.And I doubt any version of end links will work for you in that bar at that height.
    While my car doesn't handle great, it's much better then stock without it and bags imo.
    Just keep the rest of your bushes fresh and it'll be enough for daily beating and giving it a boot full in a straight line
    Yeah, I figure at this height it isn't going to matter anyway!

As for dailying, I only really drive on the weekends. I need to do a bushes refresh and front brake service though. That's really my next "service" item list. Oh, and potentially driveshafts need to be replaced anyway.

Users Country Flag
    That is looking awesome mate,
    I am going to start chasing an appropriate front swaybar that doesn't touch my CVs all the damn time
    I am not even level with the front tyres and it squarks over most large bumps or hard left hand turns or on full lock right turns.. so stupid.

Users Country Flag
    Nice work! 17s are alright I reckon! Those wheels really suit it

Re swaybar...I got a H&R one which still has plenty of room before rubbing

Quote Originally Posted by blackers10 View Post
    That is looking awesome mate,
    I am going to start chasing an appropriate front swaybar that doesn't touch my CVs all the damn time
    I am not even level with the front tyres and it squarks over most large bumps or hard left hand turns or on full lock right turns.. so stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by eri_12 View Post
    Nice work! 17s are alright I reckon! Those wheels really suit it

Re swaybar...I got a H&R one which still has plenty of room before rubbing
    Thanks for the kind words guys!

In regards to the sway bar, I don't think anything is going to help my current issue other than just chopping it out. I'm about to head out and measure the FTG and see how I stack up against the other static boys.

Decided to get out to the car space and measure up the FTG (Fender To Ground) heights. Seems that's how all the Mk4 kids measure up things, so I figured I'd be interested in seeing how Lucy weighed up against the big boys.

IMG_0015 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

I measured 22.5" FTG for the front and 23" FTG for the rear. Not bad for a static Mk4 on 17's. I decided I'm going to have to get some spacers for the front, I'm not happy with the fitment so I might run some 5-8mm slip ons before the adapter I reckon.

IMG_0018 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

I'm super happy with the rear fitment though. If anything I want to get taller profile tyres all round to get it to sit that much better.

IMG_0019 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

And I snap of the ECS Tuning CAI that is all hooked up and working perfectly.

IMG_0022 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast