Support VWWC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Non VAG content...My 2008 Subaru Liberty GT (Tuned by STI)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    That white R looks good. It needs the intake side to be completed though, but that is easy and cheap enough to do.
    I figured its got most of the mods that I would want to do already done, then I can just do a few little things to it (like the rest of the intake etc). So as long as its not some flogged out thrashbox it might be a decent option.

Manual Mk7 R (its a few thou cheaper on Carsales) 2015 Volkswagen Golf R – Car Lightings – Kiama, New South Wales | Facebook Marketplace

DSG though... 2015 Audi S3 – Cars & Trucks – Sydney, Australia | Facebook Marketplace

DSG again...2017 Volkswagen Golf – Cars & Trucks – Sydney, Australia | Facebook Marketplace

annnd again.....2015 Volkswagen Golf R – Cars & Trucks – Sydney, Australia | Facebook Marketplace
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 06-08-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Non VAG content...My 2008 Subaru Liberty GT (Tuned by STI)

Plot twist. Might buy this and save some cashola. Looks super tidy, very low kms and already has some mods: Audi S3 CarSales
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Plot twist. Might buy this and save some cashola. Looks super tidy, very low kms and already has some mods: Audi S3 CarSales
    That's pretty close price wise to the manual R that is 6 years younger with all the newer tech (and engine). I'd go the R.

Also remember the MK7 R has dual injection (port and direct) so no (almost none anyway) carbon buildup in the intake compared to the Gen 2 engines in the MK6 R and that S3.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    That's pretty close price wise to the manual R that is 6 years younger with all the newer tech (and engine). I'd go the R.

Also remember the MK7 R has dual injection (port and direct) so no (almost none anyway) carbon buildup in the intake compared to the Gen 2 engines in the MK6 R and that S3.
    Yes good points. I figured if I could get the older S3 for around $25k it would be good (it is overpriced at $28k although in very good cond and low kms). Also all servicing (incl timing belt, Haldex and brakes) has been done so it needs nothing spent. Also has Milltek exhaust, a tune, and HPFP etc done so all mods I would do anyway are done. All I would do is lower it 20mm and perhaps get some new rims.

The Mk7 R is certainly in a different league in terms of performance with the Gen 3 engine and IS38 turbo, and like you said, newer tech, new chassis, dual injection etc. But I was really hoping to not spend more than $30k tops.........hmm decisions. I can afford it, I was just not wanting to spend more than $30k. The MK7 R will also need a major service soon (timing belt) as the owner said it has not been done yet, so that's another $1000+. On the plus side, it looks good with the mods and they are all things I would have done to it anyway.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

If the insurance company only wants the 2.5-5k for it.

Buy it back and sell it as a whole. I got 9k for my written off bugeye only a few years ago.

Or I would happily bring the engine crane around and we can tear the good stuff out of it in a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I'm not sure how many seats you need but if I had the ability to keep a car in the condition you do then I'd buy a performance model Ford or Holden. My first pick would be a ute, then a wagon, then sedan.
    They will just keep appreciating.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Now is the time to buy a Scirocco. They are surprisingly roomy in the back and decent for load carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Non VAG content...My 2008 Subaru Liberty GT (Tuned by STI)

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Now is the time to buy a Scirocco. They are surprisingly roomy in the back and decent for load carrying.
    I was going to look at a 2016 Rocco model today but it sold before i got there We have a narrow driveway so not a huge fan of 2 door cars, but was keen to have a look at it.

Looked at a 2015 Mk7 GTI Performance that was fully optioned and 48,000km for $29k. Needs tyres and scratches on the rims repaired but rest of the car was pretty good. I really wanted a manual but far out its so hard to find any GTI or R in manual (and the Performance was only available as DSG).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I'm not sure how many seats you need but if I had the ability to keep a car in the condition you do then I'd buy a performance model Ford or Holden. My first pick would be a ute, then a wagon, then sedan.
    They will just keep appreciating.
    Fair point but they just dont do anything for me. I have a young child so do need a back seat occasionally plus handy to be able to put the dog in and take her to the beach etc for a swim in summer.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    If the insurance company only wants the 2.5-5k for it.

Buy it back and sell it as a whole. I got 9k for my written off bugeye only a few years ago.

Or I would happily bring the engine crane around and we can tear the good stuff out of it in a day.
    A nice offer thanks mate but i told insurance im not interested in buying it back.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast