Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: My other German fling: Mk6 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalroc View Post
    I couldn’t figure it out myself but had the guys at euro car upgrades on the sunny coast figure it! It works great except there is a delay once you shift out of reverse, the image freezes for a few seconds - something to do with how the oem camera is powered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks mate!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hey mate - how is the GTI going? Still treating you well?

Hey Lucas,

did you ever run into any issues after removing the front cat on the oem downpipe? Was the o2 spacer required?
    My front cat has melted, blocking exhaust flow and killed the performance of my engine. I'm looking at different fixes at the moment. My mechanic has recommended not removing this cat for emissions and CEL reasons. Based on what you've done here, do you think a partial removal is possible? As in scrape off the melted parts and leave the non affected cat sections, or is it the sort of material which would fall apart? cheers.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SchittyTimeTraveler View Post
    Hey Lucas,

did you ever run into any issues after removing the front cat on the oem downpipe? Was the o2 spacer required?
    My front cat has melted, blocking exhaust flow and killed the performance of my engine. I'm looking at different fixes at the moment. My mechanic has recommended not removing this cat for emissions and CEL reasons. Based on what you've done here, do you think a partial removal is possible? As in scrape off the melted parts and leave the non affected cat sections, or is it the sort of material which would fall apart? cheers.
    Knock it out. You won't get a cell. There is still a 2nd cat. If you fitted a downpipe with a hi flow cat there would only be 1 cat. this is no different.

You might have to DIY as legally the mechanic can't do it.

Try and find a metal recycler that will buy the guts off you...
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by SchittyTimeTraveler View Post
    Hey Lucas,

Sorry mate - i missed this. Nope i had no issues with the DIY cat removal. I did however use a 02 sensor extension to minimise the possibility of getting a CEL. The car has 2x cat's, so if your front cat has melted (probably happened from misfiring that wasnt fixed in a timely matter) gut it out like i did and you will still have the secondary cat anyway.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Saw a post on a Golf Facebook page today with someone asking if anyone knew the owner of this white Mk6 GTI….yep thats my old car.

Certainly a shame to see it all smashed up considering how much time and money I poured into this car a few years ago.

RIP

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Bringing this thread back from the dead. Saw a post on a Golf Facebook page today with someone asking if anyone knew the owner of this white Mk6 GTI….yep thats my old car.

Certainly a shame to see it all smashed up considering how much time and money I poured into this car a few years ago.

RIP

If only you knew it was up for auction, right? I'd buy most of mine back if that ever happened just to get to the good stuff I put in .... problem is, then you end up with a bunch of good stuff you have no use for ... happens to me occasionally
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag

ouch, looks like a nice hit too.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718