Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    But they are all for the Mk6 GTI. Nothing comes up for the Mk7 (with extensive Googling).
    Gen 3 OEM Water Pump Replacement Kit - Metal Impeller

First link on google.

Says Mk7..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post

Its only the impeller thats metal in this 1. It does eventually wear out (the plastic impeller) but the housing (still plastic here) goes much quicker and is the common cause of waterpump failures in the MK7
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    I appreciate the help but this isn't what im looking for. I want the whole assembly to be cast aluminium. The aftermarket world made one for the Mk6, but the Mk7 pump is a bit different.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Let us know how you go with the elusive alloy water pump. Surely a winner for an aftermarket supplier if ever there was one.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I appreciate the help but this isn't what im looking for. I want the whole assembly to be cast aluminium. The aftermarket world made one for the Mk6, but the Mk7 pump is a bit different.
    Ah right.

Didn’t realise the case/cover was the issue.

Second link on google

RACE Waterpump from BAR-TEK(R) for 2.0L TSI EA888 Gen.3

description: The pump cover is also completely made of metal, which gives the whole pump unit even more stability.

Or is this still not the whole assembly?
    If this is the extent of what is available, surely the Facebook attention grab hasn’t got anything special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HaydEn; 27-05-2021 at 09:42 PM.

New long awaited mod has arrived!!! One of the things I have never really liked on the Mk7 was the steering wheel. Compared to the lovely wheels in the Mk5 and Mk6, the Mk7 wheel is too thin, completely shapeless and the quality of the leather is inferior. My wheel in particular was not in good condition, with the previous owner obviously not taking care of the wheel and the leather was all shiny, slippery and in one section at the top, the dye had worn off. I tried reviving the wheel with high quality leather cleaners, conditioners and some leather dye, but it still looked quite average.

I started searching for a new wheel, with my aim basically to replicate the shape of the Mk6 GTI wheel, but in a Mk7 GTI Clubsport style. This was not as easy as it sounds....every man and his dog is selling Mk7 steering wheels, but they are all carbon fiber top and bottom which I didn't want (looks super tacky in my opinion). Trying to find a company selling a full leather steering wheel was no easy task.

After talking to Control Customs in the UK, Royal Steering Wheels in the UK, and EuroZone Tuning in USA - I decided to go with EuroZone Tuning as they had photos of a very similar design to what I wanted, and required no core to be sent back to them. This was the priciest option out of the 3, but also the most convenient.

Specs:
    Shaping to replicate the Mk6 steering wheel
    Perforated nappa leather top and bottom
    Nappa leather on sides
    Red 12 o'clock strip
    Red stitching
    Thicker overall

Pics once installed but here is the webpage in the meantime.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 22-06-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Sounds nice, looking forward to the installed pics
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

On annual leave this week so finally got some time to install my new steering wheel a few days ago.

It is a bit thicker than I was expecting, but feels great to drive with, is beautifully made and great quality and fits the whole OEM+ vibe I like to try and stick to.

So the OEM inspiration came from the Golf GTI TCR steering wheel, but shaped to be more like the Mk6 GTI steering wheel.

Out with the old....

And in with the new....new gearknob and dead rest pedal also visible in some of the photos.

Last edited by Lucas_R; 07-07-2021 at 09:24 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    All the switch hardware directly swaps over? Definitely looks a lot thicker than the old, that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymy01 View Post
    All the switch hardware directly swaps over? Definitely looks a lot thicker than the old, that is for sure.
    G’day Tony. Hope you are well. Yes all the buttons, silver trim etc swap over to the new wheel and everything works just like it did before.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast