Support VWWC

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by goobags View Post
    I have definitely seen this floating around Newy. I also have a 2015 PP Gti and I am quite literally putting an IE ECU and TCU tune in it as I type. Where are you located? I’m interested in hearing an aftermarket exhaust, previous owner did a resonator delete that I am just starting to get over and would rather buy an exhaust that sounds good than spend cash on an OEM resonator installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im in the Mayfield area. Apart from my IE downpipe which I fitted yesterday (prick of a job....thanks to the Haldex diff on the GTI PP) my exhaust is stock otherwise. I did have a res delete but removed it yesterday after hearing the sound of the res delete and new downpipe.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Installed my IE downpipe on Saturday afternoon. Id be lying if I didnt say it was a prick of a job and more difficult than I was anticipating.....all thanks to the Haldex diff fitted to the GTI PP which is RIGHT where you remove the old downpipe, and RIGHT where you try to feed the new downpipe in. Not helped of course by the fact that the car was on jackstands in my garage rather than up high on a nice hoist.

To anyone with a PP, I would recommend a different style downpipe such as the Scorpion or CTS because they are nowhere near as bulky as the IE downpipe.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Exhaust incoming. As mentioned in a previous post, I have been eyeing off some catback exhausts to get some nice sound and a nicer look to the rear of the GTI. The car is far too quiet stock and I am not a fan of how a resonator delete sounds so aftermarket exhaust it is.

CTS won in the end as it was very well priced (paid $1260 on sale at the moment which made it even more attractive), available with a short lead time, and one of the quieter options. CTS TURBO MK7/7.5 GTI 3″ CAT BACK EXHAUST
    – JT MODS

Should have it in the next few weeks and wont waste any time getting the car up on ramps and installing it.

I had a CTS catback on my old Mk6 GTI and it sounded really good, so no doubt the Mk7 will be much the same.

My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.-cts-exh-cb-0007-photo-4-1-jpg

My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.-cts-exh-cb-0007-photo-1-3_720x-jpg

My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.-cts-exh-cb-0007-photo-1-1_720x-jpg
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 25-03-2021 at 03:48 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

Ahoy. Have been watching this build progress as I’ve noticed it around town. Such a clean build.

I’ve got a 2014 PP which I’m working on doing some very similar things. Got a DP and intake elbow going in later this month with the tune to got to S2. I’m toying around with springs or springs and sway bars before wheels and exhaust. Any thoughts or feedback on where to go first? How’s yours ride with just the springs? Any real need to go sway bars as well if not doing track days etc?

I’m watching this exhaust post with interest. Putting a CTS DP in the the CTS cat back is one I’ve had my eye on for all the reasons you’ve chose it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey mate. Sounds like there are a couple of GTI PP's running around Newcastle then. The CTS downpipe should be easier to install than my IE downpipe as its less bulky due to the catalytic converter being further down the pipe. If you are doing the install yourself you will see what I mean about the PP's diff being right in the way.

The ride with just the lowering springs is good - no real different in harshness over the stock springs. Note i have the adaptive dampers so that does make a bit of a difference. The 034 Motorsport springs lowered my car pretty much exactly 30mm all around.

I havent done any sway bars yet, but may do in the future. I did however do the rear swaybar on my previous Mk6 GTI and yes it did make a difference but you only feel it when you are having a bit of fun. Honestly for 90% of the time just driving the car normally you wont notice anything.

Once the CTS catback arrives and I install it ill write my feedback on here so that might help your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by djparko View Post
    Ahoy. Have been watching this build progress as I’ve noticed it around town. Such a clean build.

I’ve got a 2014 PP which I’m working on doing some very similar things. Got a DP and intake elbow going in later this month with the tune to got to S2. I’m toying around with springs or springs and sway bars before wheels and exhaust. Any thoughts or feedback on where to go first? How’s yours ride with just the springs? Any real need to go sway bars as well if not doing track days etc?

I’m watching this exhaust post with interest. Putting a CTS DP in and the CTS cat back is one I’ve had my eye on for all the reasons you’ve chose it.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Hey mate. Sounds like there are a couple of GTI PP's running around Newcastle then. The CTS downpipe should be easier to install than my IE downpipe as its less bulky due to the catalytic converter being further down the pipe. If you are doing the install yourself you will see what I mean about the PP's diff being right in the way.

The ride with just the lowering springs is good - no real different in harshness over the stock springs. Note i have the adaptive dampers so that does make a bit of a difference. The 034 Motorsport springs lowered my car pretty much exactly 30mm all around.

I havent done any sway bars yet, but may do in the future. I did however do the rear swaybar on my previous Mk6 GTI and yes it did make a difference but you only feel it when you are having a bit of fun. Honestly for 90% of the time just driving the car normally you wont notice anything.

Once the CTS catback arrives and I install it ill write my feedback on here so that might help your decision.
    Yeah I’ve noticed a few. Not so many with mods. I’ve had mine since new so I know it’s history. 2 water pumps which has been great...

Mines got most of the bells and whistles you could get for it. Only thing I really wish it had stock was a sun roof.

I was leaning just springs only but the whiteline bars and springs package is only marginally more $ than the bars themselves. Still springs are half that and mines got the adaptive dampers as well.

Pete at VW center is doing the DP. I just don’t have the room or gear to do it. Other than try it on the side of the road at the front of my place which isn’t an amazing proposition.
    Might just grab some springs and get them to do that while it’s in the workshop.

How’ve you found the wireless airplay? I don’t have that in the Golf but it would be great in our Tiguan if it’s stable.

The wireless Carplay device is great. Takes about 15-20 seconds to connect and stays connected. I dont recall it ever dropping out on me.

And yes its nice that you know the full history of your car. Buying 2nd hand is always a bit of a gamble in that respect. I got this one dirt cheap ($27.5k) with 48,000km and its got every option (even including the silly self parking feature) except for the Dynaudio, but in saying that the factory stereo is good enough for me.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Sounds like there’s something else to add to the list.

Saying that, the new infotainment system in the Tig is pretty sweet. We’ve got the dynaudio which is very nice. The golf has the std sound in it and I’d agree is perfectly fine.

That’s a great price and mileage. Mines got about 85K km on it which is still reasonable for its age I think.

How’s the gear selector in yours going? The silver parts on the sides of mine seem to delaminating. It’s been that way for some time and really only bugs me when I think about it.

It’s not a Mk7 Gti unless you have done at least one water pump and are scared that the shifter surround or gear knob will slice you open.

Lucas, how is traction now you have the DP in and I assume stage 2? I struggle in second even in the dry on a high torque stage 1 tune

Quote Originally Posted by goobags View Post
    It’s not a Mk7 Gti unless you have done at least one water pump and are scared that the shifter surround or gear knob will slice you open.

Lucas, how is traction now you have the DP in and I assume stage 2? I struggle in second even in the dry on a high torque stage 1 tune

Good to hear I’m not alone! My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

I’m a bit concerned going to Stage 2 myself for that reason as well. But now I’m halfway there I’m dying to find out what it will be like before going any further with the car.

Last edited by djparko; 09-04-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast