Support VWWC

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

Thanks for the reply Lucas.
    Much appreciate the considered advice.
    I might get one set for the front and maybe add the matched Focal amp.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vorace View Post
    Thanks for the reply Lucas.
    Much appreciate the considered advice.
    I might get one set for the front and maybe add the matched Focal amp.
    Let me know how you go if you do go ahead with it. I don't think im going to amplify the main speakers, but I have been considering a Focal IBUS20 sub to give some more bass. Undecided at the moment. Focal IBUS 20 Compact Subwoofer with Amplifier
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    My trim is also buggered and I’ve been quoted a stupid price from VW - will only sell with the whole surround or something.

Where did you get yours from?
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 20-02-2023 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cplus View Post
    My trim is also buggered and I’ve been quoted a stupid price from VW - will only sell with the whole surround or something.

Where did you get yours from?
    Apparently VW will now sell just the trim piece on its own. I actually ordered mine from Germany earlier this year, but the guy who runs the website linked below bought a heap of them and now offers them locally. This would be the easiest way to get one (i also paid more than this to get one from Germany).

MK7/7.5 DSG Chrome shifter surround - RHD
    – Track Hack Parts
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

Not much happening on the GTI the past few months as I had an unexpected death of my brother and also moved house (incidentally both happened in the same week - great timing) so its been very busy but no time for the cars other than giving them a wash every few weeks.

Will hopefully have the new Garrett turbo installed and the car tuned to suit reasonably early in the new year - IE don't seem to be coming to the party with a tune for cars outside of USA, so ill probably go with a tune from either Tarmac or Underground - Tarmac is my preference as I like the DIY'ness of the hand controller.

But over the weekend I gave the GTI its interim oil change which I do in between its yearly log book service. No evidence of any leaks from the new waterpump fitted earlier in the year so that's good news. I am going to do a coolant flush on the GTI soon too (new G13 coolant and a vacuum fill tool already in the garage - used it on the SQ5 already a few months ago and it works great).

Fitted a new accessories belt as I noticed the original belt had some cracking starting to happen on the ridges. Also decided to try the Nulon Euro Spec oil out instead of my regular Penrite Enviro+

Last edited by Lucas_R; 05-12-2022 at 01:06 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

So I have decided that I am going to sell the Mk7 GTI and buy myself something cheaper. Looking to hopefully stay in the VW community but am also considering 2x other brands with a $15-18k budget. Reason for the sale being that late last year we bought a new house which cost more than we were hoping to spend, and then sold our old house for less than we were hoping to get for it - blame the economy and rising interest rates blah blah and bad timing. So to make up some of the money we have lost im selling the GTI and buying something cheaper, with the aim of putting some money towards the home loan.

The car is immaculate (no other words to describe it - its immaculate inside and out) and needs no money spent on it what so ever. If anyone on here is interested then let me know. Happy to discuss removal of some parts to reduce the price or if you are not interested in some of the modifications (I have all the stock parts except for the rims).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    So I have decided that I am going to sell the Mk7 GTI and buy myself something cheaper. Looking to hopefully stay in the VW community but am also considering 2x other brands with a $15-18k budget. Reason for the sale being that late last year we bought a new house which cost more than we were hoping to spend, and then sold our old house for less than we were hoping to get for it - blame the economy and rising interest rates blah blah and bad timing. So to make up some of the money we have lost im selling the GTI and buying something cheaper, with the aim of putting some money towards the home loan.

The car is immaculate (no other words to describe it - its immaculate inside and out) and needs no money spent on it what so ever. If anyone on here is interested then let me know. Happy to discuss removal of some parts to reduce the price or if you are not interested in some of the modifications (I have all the stock parts except for the rims).
    Sad news, Lucas. It's always hard to give up a car you love. Hopefully it would be a quick sale. What are you thinking replacement wise?
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Sad news, Lucas. It's always hard to give up a car you love. Hopefully it would be a quick sale. What are you thinking replacement wise?
    Its ok - I usually change my cars every 3 years or so anyway, so its nearly about that time. I like trying new things and want either a 5 cylinder or 6 cylinder engine this time. There is a tidy Mk5 R32 with a 6 speed manual that I looked at the other day which I quite like.

As much as the DSG transmission is a good gearbox, I personally find it a bit boring and want a manual transmission again.

So im going for an older car (around 2007-2010 model) and trying to find something that has been well looked after both cosmetically and mechanically is hard - far out. People just do not look after their cars - sun damaged paint, faded headlights, missing service history etc etc
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 21-02-2023 at 11:05 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Good luck with the sale of your current beast Lucas, and I do hope you manage to find a nice Mk5 or similar that floats your boat!

Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    Good luck with the sale of your current beast Lucas, and I do hope you manage to find a nice Mk5 or similar that floats your boat!
    Thanks Pete. Hoping I can sell the GTI to someone who will continue to appreciate and look after it (eg no P platers or young drivers). Hoping to stay with VAG, so im not going anywhere.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 25-05-2023 at 03:33 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112