Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

Cool, that pump seems good, especially since history shows the VW one will fail, sadly.

It really should be a lifetime warranty fix as it's clearly not fit for purpose.

Same thing with 3rd gear issues in manual MQ Tritons. Mitsubishi will "fix" it as many times as it fails in warranty but after that you're on your own.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    It really should be a lifetime warranty fix as it's clearly not fit for purpose.
    They could very easily re-engineer it out of cast aluminium to make it far more durable, but they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    Same thing with 3rd gear issues in manual MQ Tritons. Mitsubishi will "fix" it as many times as it fails in warranty but after that you're on your own.
    Manufacturers get away with avoiding the issue here in Australia dont they. In America there would be a recall quick smart. Just like VW and the timing chain issues in the MK6 GTI - they knew it was a design issue for years and never recalled them.
    2015 Mk7 GTI Performance
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Yes, it's very disappointing.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

After waiting for about 2 months, some Whiteline goodies turned up today. KTA252 alloy lower control arms with 2 degrees caster correction. Got them on sale through Car Mods Australia for a good price, but Whiteline were out of stock so had to wait.

Whiteline KTA252

Ive got a service booked in 3 weeks so ill get my mechanic to install the control arms at the same time.

I had the Superpro version of these on my Mk6 R a few years back and the increase in turn in and steering feedback was well worth it, let alone the lighter weight and bling-factor.

Also hoping these new arms will stop or at least reduce some of the suspension creaking I get sometimes (known to be the rubber bushes in the factory control arms)

Last edited by Lucas_R; 29-04-2022 at 04:57 PM.
    2015 Mk7 GTI Performance
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011