Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: mk5_tdi's build - Now with BBS SUPER RS!!!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

If I didn't live on a dirt road they would probably still be on, but that caked on dirt = forever cleaning
    Will be giving them a good clean this week hopefully and then those will be up for sale too

JOM horn from Germany, sounds nice and a bit louder than the standard one, not deafening loud though
    don't have installed pics, because you can't see them when the fog light grilles are back on

Also finally got my rear storage tray, was sold as a mk6 one but boots are the same. Also fits with my stealth sub box in place too

Few pics from ILV - Summersun 2013

Well after 5 months sorting out a shagged box and having major issues with a certain wrecker the car was back on the road and listed for sale. After no more than a few weeks had some interest and a price was discussed and after a few checks and a tedious wait for the buyers fiance the car was sold. (next bit is half copied from aus-vip forums)
    During this time I had already purchased my next car however a Toyota Crown Majesta which had been SEVS approved for compliance and allowed to be imported to Aus. After so many issues with the Golf and it being off the road so long I had enough, bit the bullet and contacted Ben through J-Spec to start looking for a type-c Majesta (air-sus, v in mid May and after a few weeks a suitable car came across.
    It was a 2002 10th Anniversary type-c Majesta, this was every option as standard (sunroof, leather etc) and for the price it was hard not to jump onto.
    Anyway purchased on June 1st and after a few months as it missed the first ship (as funds hadn't cleared Japan side) it arrived in Melbourne August 13th, cleared customs and quarantine and was at the compliance shop on the 15th.
    I had gone down a few times after the car arrived as I knew the guy that runs the compliance shop as I had delt with him before with a family members car before.
    Anyway waiting began as Ben did say compliance would take a lot longer as it was a newly listed SEVS approved car and he wasn't wrong
    2 months after it arrived at the shop (within the original time frame I had been given still) the compliance plate was finally cleared and the car was plated and went off to roadworthy yesterday, and looking to pick it up tomorrow sometime if all goes well with the few bushes that need to be replaced.

So after months of waiting the next few exciting days have finally come across to pick up the new car. But while I was waiting I couldn't help myself but buy some parts for it lol
    Currently the car is on a set of 18 Rays Sebring ITC wheels, unsure of sizes/offsets but they are pretty sunken.
    Now i have bought
    Boldworld Ultima Advance II air suspension kit
    19x9 & 19x10 +20 Work Varianza f2s step lip rims with tyres
    Aftermarket front lip (which may not be used now anyway)
    Beatsonic surround kit (plus associated wiring) which allows for a 2nd screen in front of the shifter as the standard nav unit integrates the aircon controls and nav can't be used here
    Woodgrain trim to cover the factory headunit
    Kenwood DNX5330BTNAV unit
    Toyota genuine premium horns
    Stainless steel pillar covers
    Vibrant dual exhaust tips
    LED fender markers
    Few different colour hid globes for headlights/foglights
    Glassylite headlight restoration kit
    KURAUN plates which comes from クラウン which actually translates to Crown the car
    I'm still waiting on my wheels and some new bushes for the suspension as a few have tiny cracks but I figured I would replace them now as the kits not in the car, also I bought a new center armrest as mine was pretty cracked up and waiting on that as well

So some pics of it in Japan waiting on the ship and the stack of parts I can only look at waiting for the car so I can finally put them on

car that the suspension came off, but lots more height adjust-ability than that also

Picked up the Varianzas yesterday from Import Monster, and very happy with them (besides the peeling clear on the centers which I knew about)
    Anyway they are O disk so big dish 3.5" fronts and 4" rears (seller never listed what disk they were but were fitted to a Y33 so I knew they would fit over the front calipers), I'm actually going to try and fit the 265s on the rear too instead of stretching tyres
    Currently at Neway wheels getting repainted in the same colour as the body (white pearl)

New bushes for the boldworld kit as some were cracked, and picked up 80 brand new J-Pop cd's for a steal for that authentic cruising music (not a mod but meh)

Finally as of yesterday I picked up the car, after 6 months from first purchase it's been a long drawn out process but so glad it's all ready now.
    It will be the first registered one in Victoria, could be the first in Australia (depending if someone has done one in NSW already)
    Got some strange looks on the way home lol, really needs a good wash and polish too

that land yacht!!
    keen to see this closer to the deck

Hahaha yeah she is pretty big
    I'll be heading down that way this Friday, I'll bring those tyres finally too lol

wicked, keen for a look in person.
    cool cool. ill be sure to have $$ ready

nice one nick.

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    wicked, keen for a look in person.
    cool cool. ill be sure to have $$ ready
    Needs a major clean up though, including the interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    nice one nick.
    Cheers man, nice to have a car after 8 months of only a work car

Users Country Flag

Hey Dude, What you have done to your TDI is Amazing !! I have recently acquired a MK5 TDI myself and I am in the very slow process of modding it to my taste, I love what you have done to yours, it looks Trick !!
    Make it so, Number One !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast