Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast

Thread: Lito's MK4 GTI

Users Country Flag

Thanks man that thread is excellent

Btw is the immo off in regards to the me3.8.3 ecu or your me7?

Immo 7 thread if needed... 403 Forbidden
    Last edited by Sirocco20348; 23-09-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Users Country Flag
    bays all business-love it!
    eyeballing ignition next,
    i skim/stalk through threads all the time-never water/meth kits comes up in topic..uk/usa forums throff over these kits..whats the go or am I missing something?

price/power=not worth it?
    maintenance/top ups?
    DEEP POCKETS NEEDED

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM GTi View Post
    bays all business-love it!
    eyeballing ignition next,
    i skim/stalk through threads all the time-never water/meth kits comes up in topic..uk/usa forums throff over these kits..whats the go or am I missing something?

price/power=not worth it?
    maintenance/top ups?
    I think it's because our agu ecus are a pain in the ass to tune. Lito is in the best situation now to try other mixtures.

I'm not sure what happens when the methanol mixture runs out when your full throttle. I would assume it ends badly.

Maybe also e85 is readily accessible, this is seen as a more visible solution. (Not that it seems to popular in Australia with mk4s) Maybe Lito can be a pioneer.

Start a New thread for discussion I say

Users Country Flag
    you boys have more sway to get chit chat growing,ill let ya start up-guarantee to add my bit- like how much, when and gimme lol..
    gav ecu we got aint up for the task?
    and will it ping when out of mix-surely a guage must be available like a fuel cell uses and a sensor would ease it all back into norm..if not lets develop it and make money haha..sorry lito-im a thread rapist...gav dont go deleting me lol..15mins wasnt to much to ask-10s fine lol-having a laugh mate..anyhow lads-ive caught a great deal of proper info.straight up from you lot-real fast!
    and jokes aside-thankyou-I realise time and development-trial and error costs.
    pretty much vortex and youre lots threads keep my CC very unhappy!
    DEEP POCKETS NEEDED

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM GTi View Post
    you boys have more sway to get chit chat growing,ill let ya start up-guarantee to add my bit- like how much, when and gimme lol..
    gav ecu we got aint up for the task?
    and will it ping when out of mix-surely a guage must be available like a fuel cell uses and a sensor would ease it all back into norm..if not lets develop it and make money haha..sorry lito-im a thread rapist...gav dont go deleting me lol..15mins wasnt to much to ask-10s fine lol-having a laugh mate..anyhow lads-ive caught a great deal of proper info.straight up from you lot-real fast!
    and jokes aside-thankyou-I realise time and development-trial and error costs.
    pretty much vortex and youre lots threads keep my CC very unhappy!
    The problem with the me3. 8 is the maf max's out around 190 g/sec. With a 3" housing this roughly equates to 300hp. Above this the ecu is flying blind and that is not ideal haha.

Water/meth injection is something id like to have a look into but the complexity/reliability is a bit off putting for me. A simple, single nozzle setup, pre intercooler spraying just water is an idea ive been toying with.

So to update, I now have a base file Drivability is amazing, very smooth and quite peppy even off boost.
    Spent the day setting up the laptop for logging, big thanks to Ian Gonzaga for the lend of his cable! Next steps will be to load an update and keep logging, very exited!!!

Users Country Flag
    All good! Glad it's getting put to good use!

and thank you for all the info/photos and chat about your setup!

So its been a productive few weeks, wanted to burn it to the ground a couple of times there but thats nothing too out of the ordinary. I have been chasing a cold start driveability issue since before i even swapped ecus and it was getting worse as time went on. The car would miss and buck like a horse on cold starts and not really be smooth at all, almost like there was a big air leak somewhere but all my boost piping was solid, and leak free, was very fustrating. Well, my boost piping was solid but vaccuum piping not so much. Then I remember about the catch can I had been given by Gavin years ago... Relocated the ecu relay into the waterfall wiring cover thingy and said goodbye to vaccuum leaks forever. Only thing attatched to my TIP now is the n75 and the DV

Car drives like oem even from cold now, and pulls like a freight train!! Cant wait to pump more boost into her!

Golf is still going strong. Nothings broken in a while, gonna need new tires soon though haha.
    Also ditched the r32 bumper and have gone back to a more sleeper look...

Got some new headlights too

Installed all my r32 suspension parts and maxxed out my coilovers

Need to roll the guards and give it a wash.

Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast