Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koji's 1.2L 77TSI OEM+ Build Thread

1.2L 77TSI OEM+ Build Thread

Hi All

Here's a little background on me/my car history...

After owning three used cars after 2 years of driving, I finally decided to stop wasting my money on fixing problems relating to aging cars and buy a new car - a 77TSI Trendline Golf, 6-speed manual.

I have done the following since I purchased the car:

- Complete 'R' Leather Interior
    - Seats
    - Door Trims
    - Armrest
    - Dash Trims
    - 'R' Multifunction Steering Wheel
    - 'R' Front and Rear Floor Mats
    - RCD510
    - Auto Dimming Mirror (To be installed)
    - MDI Input - Centre Console (To be installed)
    - 'R' Stainless Steel Pedals
    - 'R' Roof Spoiler
    - GTI Front Bumper (bodywork being done, will also be wiring up the fog lights to run hopefully as a DRL - if possible)
    - GTI Rear Bumper
    - GTI Exhaust
    - 'R' LED Taillights
    - 'R' Side Skirts - Still a project, need to fix them up and paint
    - FK Streetline Coilovers
    - Rotiform Cast BLQ 19"x8.5" et45 in Gunmetal Gloss (Now Sold)
    - OEM Detroit 18"x7.5" ET51 (in transit)
    - OEM Roof Rack with 2 x Thule ProRide 591's
    - LED Interior Light Set in White

Want list:

- Bi-xenon replica headlights
    - Gloss black mirror caps
    - Maybe some 4" exhaust tips
    - DNA Tune

This is how it looked initially in July 2011 (obviously not my photo)

after 1.5 years and a lot of work; this is my golf

Test fit of the GTI bumper

Any feedback is welcome!
    Thanks for checking it out
    Last edited by koji; 13-05-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Looks good Koji and obviously alot of work has gone it to it sourcing and transferring all of the interior pieces and exterior parts etc. Must be funny when you take it somewhere to get serviced they are like WTF??? ...is it a GTI, and R, or what?
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Looks good Koji and obviously alot of work has gone it to it sourcing and transferring all of the interior pieces and exterior parts etc. Must be funny when you take it somewhere to get serviced they are like WTF??? ...is it a GTI, and R, or what?
    Yeh plenty of time spent sourcing parts, cutting fingers and getting pissed off haha. All worth it nonetheless. I have to say thanks to you for all the helpful posts you made which has made my life just that little bit easier haha

Everyone seems confused at first and then realize just how much has changed and they can't believe it haha. My car has dreams to grow up as an R

Fantastic effort Koji, that is one awesome transformation!
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

incredible transformation !! love it man.

can you tell me a bit more about the front bumper transplant ?
    (where you got it from, what you had to modify to make it fit, how youre going to wire up the fog lights as you didnt have any before?)
    mk6 TDi - DSG -VIEZU tuned- Carbonio . Whiteline RSB/Neuspeed FSB . Golf R interior . Defi boost . Twin 4" Magnaflow tips . GTI shocks & springs

Awesome job Koji, you must of put a lot of work & time into that masterpiece, i'd be so proud if i could do something that good, well done indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    Fantastic effort Koji, that is one awesome transformation!
    Thanks Adam!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRO View Post
    incredible transformation !! love it man.

can you tell me a bit more about the front bumper transplant ?
    (where you got it from, what you had to modify to make it fit, how youre going to wire up the fog lights as you didnt have any before?)
    I got it from a wrecker (hard to come by as many are front end related write-offs). In terms of getting it to fit, I had to also purchase a new washer fluid reservoir as the fog light assembly comes into contact with the standard reservoir. I'm not 100% on the fog lights just yet, I would love to be able to integrate them to be as if they were standard on my car. There is always the option just to wire them to a switch near the headlight switch (not my preferred look). Once I sort it out, I will let you know

Quote Originally Posted by Masker View Post
    Awesome job Koji, you must of put a lot of work & time into that masterpiece, i'd be so proud if i could do something that good, well done indeed!
    Thanks! The good thing about these cars are that you only need a couple of select tools and the rest of the information comes from the numerous forums out there with an abundance of information!

Quote Originally Posted by koji View Post
    I got it from a wrecker (hard to come by as many are front end related write-offs). In terms of getting it to fit, I had to also purchase a new washer fluid reservoir as the fog light assembly comes into contact with the standard reservoir. I'm not 100% on the fog lights just yet, I would love to be able to integrate them to be as if they were standard on my car. There is always the option just to wire them to a switch near the headlight switch (not my preferred look). Once I sort it out, I will let you know
    Hmm, chances are that my bar will be a replica as I cant find one at the wreckers so im hoping i can get around the reservoir issue
    You can install a euroswitch with the fog light option and just run a cable to activate them. Thats my plan anyway

brief explanation VWVortex.com - ECS fog light kit install DIY.
    Im pretty sure there is a wiring kit on ebay but its close to $80
    mk6 TDi - DSG -VIEZU tuned- Carbonio . Whiteline RSB/Neuspeed FSB . Golf R interior . Defi boost . Twin 4" Magnaflow tips . GTI shocks & springs

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRO View Post
    Hmm, chances are that my bar will be a replica as I cant find one at the wreckers so im hoping i can get around the reservoir issue
    You can install a euroswitch with the fog light option and just run a cable to activate them. Thats my plan anyway

brief explanation VWVortex.com - ECS fog light kit install DIY.
    Im pretty sure there is a wiring kit on ebay but its close to $80
    Ok sweet!, I've got a euroswitch, just need to source the wiring kit. I'll shall have a look around and report back

Wow looks just like a Golf R just not as fast. Well done!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast