Support VWWC

Thread: Expected more replies

Users Country Flag

Expected more replies

Hi there
    put this on MK1 Forum & recieved a few compliments thanks
    but not much info so thought would try different forum
    Have had our 1989 Mk 1 Golk Kharman Ghia Cab since 95/6 (Bought it for wife but hardly used it) 40K Miles in 23 years
    brought it out to Australia in 97/8, we were on a working visa so car was on a Carnet De Passage (Bloody Nightmare)
    Drove it on UK plates & was registered as an unregistered vehicle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyway told a few times we would have to send back because Carnet had expired but we obtained Residency & then citizenship
    so was allowed to keep in country but must upgrade to Aus standards ie: rear seat belt bar
    By this time we had garaged the Golf & purchased an Aussie car, so now apart from the odd late night spurt around the roads it has remained in the garage, washed, polished, covered & put in the toooooooo bloooooooody hard basket.
    Went to the Shannons Classic day last year at Eastern Creek & thought my car could give some of these a run for their money
    so have been thinking of either getting car compliance plated & on road or selling
    Any ideas on cost of first option & or values on the second ?
    Also posted question re rear seat belt bar cost/fixing etc on spare parts forum & again no replies ?????????????????
    would have thought someone out there has been through this shumozzle
    Car is Central Coast NSW
    So over to yous'e
    PS:
    Message to gldgti, Will be in touch soon

[IMG][/IMG][/url][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [/url][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Stevieboy; 08-05-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Hey man, you can't just put up photos from when your car was new and claim they're taken rece'....... oh....oh I see.

Very nice.

So clean!
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    farout that's immaculate! O_O........... I have no clue to your dilemas but like you said, there must be people on here with some insight..... Quick question to you though, not sure if its the camera or not, but that slight blue tint that the wondows seem to have, is that just the factory glass without any tint?

Contact Steve White about getting the compliance mate, i did my Corrado through him a few years ago, was hassle free, sure yours would be the same. Without compliance and registration i don't think too many people would be interested in buying it from you to be honest.
    Link here...
    Car Registration - Import Compliance and Registration Information from Cargo Online

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

No tint fanatic, pics taken 2 months ago car is 23 years young so yaboos to Imposter ta for comments tho
    Cheers Mod Adam
    Cheers Super Mod have a few ideas now re compliance & will contact Steve White + have had offers to buy
    but second time round attachment forming ( I Think )
    cheers to all
    Last edited by Stevieboy; 16-05-2012 at 06:17 PM.