Support VWWC

Thread: password troubles

Question password troubles

Hi. First post! I just created an account and as per normal used my password manager to generate a random and unique password for this site. This password was accepted by the form. I received the confirmation email and did the clicky linky thing, then tried to login — pasting the password from my password manager — and failed, twice. Are there some hidden password restrictions in effect here?

The random password would have been 64 characters (per NIST guidelines) and contained letters, numbers and various punctuation.

Users Country Flag
    SO how did you get in to post this
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

I used the password reset feature. That wasn't really the point of my post.

I posted because it seems users can make it through the complete new-user process and then be unable to login without a password reset.

Users Country Flag

I'm not aware of any restrictions in place for passwords on here, although I do find that some sites will limit you to 12/16/24 characters. A 64 character unique and random password is probably overkill for a forum that holds little or no personal information beyond email address, but I get that you have a standard approach.

vBulletin being an off the shelf piece of software means it does what it does and I have zero control over it. If it's still playing up I'd try dropping it back to 32 characters and see if that works or even back to 16.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit