Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrades

Users Country Flag

Forum Upgrades

We have done a range of upgrades to the server today which took a little longer than anticipated, but everything should be back online now and operating as normal. If you run into any issues or wierdness please let me know ASAP through the forum or through Facebook if these are problems over here.

Facebook Link:
    VWWatercooled - Beranda | Facebook

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this forum for the benefit of the enthusiast community.
    I know it's a pretty thankless task so just wanted to tip my hat in your general direction.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the kind words, it's very much appreciated.

Today was a bit bigger than was initially planned (and there is still a little more tinkering that needs to be done). For the moment everything is back into one piece and humming along nicely.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Nicely done to the crew.
    It doesn't go unnoticed and it certainly is appreciated, I know we as a community don't say it enough.

I don't use Facebook so appreciate the effort here on the forum.

Seconded. This is generally a great forum and that is largely because of the moderators. Top job.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Just noticed that the "New Posts" button is working a little different. It's now no longer showing posts that you've read. Which makes finding a thread later a bit harder....

Looks like it's only showing "unread" and not "new".

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Just noticed that the "New Posts" button is working a little different. It's now no longer showing posts that you've read. Which makes finding a thread later a bit harder....

Looks like it's only showing "unread" and not "new".
    I thought that was how it always worked (but let me know if it's changed after today).

On another note, I had a couple of other reports of some strangeness which led to a little more work today and a little more downtime today as little more work was done. We are now running current versions of everything! A small novetly that no one will ever notice (if it's all been done right)! Again, please let me know if there are any more issues and I'll get onto them.

"New Posts" is now threads with new unread posts which is probably better than threads you haven't read/posted in yet.

I just hit Quick Links -> Todays Posts and you get all the posts. But it's not available on all pages for some reason.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this forum for the benefit of the enthusiast community.
    I know it's a pretty thankless task so just wanted to tip my hat in your general direction.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    agreed, thanks all for keeping us afloat
    2016 MY17 Polo GTI with DA package. TMD fitted + Weather strip and Snow Screen removed otherwise dead standard.

Not sure if it's my browser or not but I've had it happen a couple of times when I post a reply and the page doesn't refresh showing my post. It is there if I go back into the page, however it's a little disconcerting at first. I'm sure you'll get a few double posts with people thinking something went wrong....

HAWKEDIT: Checking to see if I can edit a post - I CAN!
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 20-07-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast