Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear fog lamp Error

Users Country Flag

Rear fog lamp Error

Hi Guys,

Completely randomly one day i got a warning that said my rear fog lamp light was not working, the error on the dash, on my 2007 Mk 5 TDI.

The kicker... is that i don't have fog lights, and therefore the rear fog lamp should not be connected, i would assume.

Any suggestions on why this may have occurred?
    Fixes?
    | Candy White 2007, Mk 5 Golf, 2.0 TDI | 103 kw chipped to 138 kw | 19" Mercedes C6319 Gloss Black | Stage 1 APR Cold Air Intake | DNS-810 GPS Unit (Eventually...) | Diesel Geek Short Shifter |

Build Thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ild-85147.html

Users Country Flag

RE: Rear fog lamp Error

Are you sure there is no fog light on the inner right? The fog can be disabled with vcds. It may have the light but not the right headlight switch. It is normally operated by turning the switch to the right and then pulling it out about 5mm
    Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Board Express
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI, region free DVD, switched Haldex, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage button, GruppeM. Front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. LEDs Alloy front suspension bits.....
    http://photobucket.com/gregsr32

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearce View Post
    Hi Guys,

Completely randomly one day i got a warning that said my rear fog lamp light was not working, the error on the dash, on my 2007 Mk 5 TDI.

The kicker... is that i don't have fog lights, and therefore the rear fog lamp should not be connected, i would assume.

Any suggestions on why this may have occurred?
    Fixes?
    The rear fog or parker light is activated from your light switch Will tell you in that hardly read book "The Manual", under Fog lights in mine.

Most Euro cars have them for parking at night in dark streets
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I know how to turn the fog lamp on if i had them, and to turn the parking lights on you can put your indicator on left or right to turn on each side separately, the problem is the warning, and why the problem is occurring when i don't have fog lamps.
    | Candy White 2007, Mk 5 Golf, 2.0 TDI | 103 kw chipped to 138 kw | 19" Mercedes C6319 Gloss Black | Stage 1 APR Cold Air Intake | DNS-810 GPS Unit (Eventually...) | Diesel Geek Short Shifter |

Users Country Flag
    All Mk5 Golfs have it. It's in the same position as the reverse light, but on the right side, not the left.

Turn the key on, turn the headlights on, pull the switch towards you, then check for illumination of the rear foglight. If it doesn't light up, there's your problem.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    if it doesnt work open the tailgate. flip off the 2 small plastic panels to access the bulbs and swop the working reverse bulb with the fog to see if it works.. if it does buy a new bulb! as Umai Naa says ALL mk5 golfs have rear fog!...VDUB...
    VOLKSWAGEN TECHNICIAN - 16 YEARS OF PAIN..
    VCDS CODING- FAULT DIAGNOSIS - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTIONS- REPAIRS
    9W2 BT KITS -$300 - 9W7 BT KITS - $450 - CANBUS UPGRADE $150
    BRISBANE / GOLD COAST

Users Country Flag
    Make sure tailgate is completely closed when testing. Lights in tailgate won't illuminate if it's open, or ajar.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

You don't have front foglamps, but all European cars have a rear foglamp as standard equipment in Australia.
    Mine: Silver 2006 Volkswagen Golf Sportline 2.0FSI 6M (with a sunroof)
    Parents': Candy White 2008 Skoda Octavia RS 2.0TFSI 6M Liftback

Alright fantastic. Thanks very much for everyone's help. I'll check it out this week!

Just for the sake of testing, i changed the globe from the reverse light to the fog light, then got in the car and tested them. The warning wasn't showing and both the reverse light and the reverse fog light were working.... sigh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast