Support VWWC

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Provent / catchcan fitment kits.

Users Country Flag

Provent / catchcan fitment kits.

Hey all,

Well a LONG overdue promise to provide Provent kits to the VW community is finally happening. I'll be chasing up all those PM's of interest in the coming weeks!

I can supply Provent 200's ( far right ) at $175, which matches the best price anywhere. Certainly a lot cheaper than I paid for mine! The kit is in final prototype, and will suit the MKV and MK6 TDI's first, and then expand from there. It will simply clip onto the inlet and outlet ports in the engine bay, and I'm down to making it work with the engine cover and getting a nice bracket made up. It will be universal, and you will be able to order as much or as little of it as you want. Purosil silicon hose is included, and is available is any colour as long as it's blue, but there are options there. Pricing is still being finalised and will be offered in a drain back into the sump system I'm currently testing, or into a lower can that needs be periodically drained. Heck even a clear hose with a tap on the end will do, it's up to the customer, and all options will be available. I'm also planning to investigate the other Provents in the range.

I am concentrating on the diesel models for now, as they have the greatest need, but it'll be just as easy to fit one to a petrol model. Petrol cars can get away with a cheaper can, and the best one for the money out there at the moment in my humble opinion is the 42 draft designs one, the "Stealth" being the same internally as the much fancier, and more costly, "Ultimate". With a mechanical layered sieve, this will collect a lot of the blowby, but I've yet to quantify that. They have an exceptional 2.0 FSI solution kit, and are currently in testing of another even more comprehensive kit again. I'd suggest this can is more suited to the petrol cars with less blowby due to lesser compression, and it has no consumables, just needs to be drained from time to time.

Finally I can now formally announce that I am the Australian agent for 42 Draft Designs, and have a lot of the items outside exhausts already in stock. The catch cans are the big drawcard there, and I am working on a bracket for our Aussie cars with 42DD.

I've also got my eye on the only other half decent inexpensive catch can out there, but that's down the line somewhat, much to do already.

I've called my new baby "Carformance". Website is getting close. Stay tuned!

Last edited by Greg Roles; 23-11-2010 at 05:30 PM.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Awesome, you can definitely put me down for a TDI catch can kit.

hey greg... i will have to get your bank details because i would like to get some shifter bushings, for sure, some time.

as for your site- are you designing it / publishing it yourself, or have you contracted someone to do it? i'd be very keen to know...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Good mate is a full time web designer and he's on the case, but I'm using Magento free source as my e-commerce shop. I'm getting my head around it as we speak, it's pretty full on, but oh so clever. I aim to tinker on the website as well, it's my nature!

I have several sets of all the shift bushings in stock, they will undoubtably be the biggest seller in 42DD. Loving mine!
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Hi Greg,

Put me up for one.How easy is fitment?

Steve
    Current:12 Golf GTD, Mods on order -Bluefin Remap, Mods planned-plenty
    Former:08 GT Sport TDI DSG Bluefin, HPA SHS Coilovers,H&R Swaybars with Whiteline Adj Links

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post
    Good mate is a full time web designer and he's on the case, but I'm using Magento free source as my e-commerce shop. I'm getting my head around it as we speak, it's pretty full on, but oh so clever. I aim to tinker on the website as well, it's my nature!
    Good choice with Magento, its a very nice package.

Quote Originally Posted by jazd View Post
    Good choice with Magento, its a very nice package.
    that's magento community, yeah? imma look into that- the site looks interesting.

greg, i think the polo takes mk4 bushes, if i recall correctly....

what does a set of those go for, shipped to melbourne?

MK4 is $45 posted Scott.

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    Very interesting - and good on ya for doing this for the community.

I guess I'll need to take a good look at an MkV and MkVI engine bay to see how similar they are to the Tiguan bay. I'm interested in getting one of these, but only if it's idiot-proof to install as I am less than handy with this sort of thing.

I'll be watching this thread with great interest!

Tiguan TDI, 6spd Tiptronic Auto
    Black, sunroof, comfort pack, off-road tech, tan leather, park assist & roof bars.
    Avg 7.63L/100km over 189,000kms

Basically to fit to any TDI, all you need is to find the space, and I need to supply a car specific bracket. The aim is to make it a simple plug and play, and if you can remove the engine cover, and bolt on a bracket, you should be set. I have some Provents coming in today, and they are my test dummies to make up the brackets. I'm starting with the Golf basically because there's one parked in my garage!

I'd HIGHLY recommend every TDI out there fit a Provent, and they are available from Western Filters in Sydney, e-bay ( Western Filters again ) and me all at $175. Promise I'll do a Tig and Toureg kit next, the Passat, Skoda etc should virtually be a golf. Pogo's, well I'll have to investigate the Provent 150 and 100, the 200's smaller cousins, as it's a tight engine bay! Even the baby Provent 100 is rated up to 100kw and 100L/min of blowby, so that's impressive for the size.

Once I get into the swing of it, and get nice brackets happening, should be pretty quick to punch out varients on these things.

I've also got some Audi boys on my case with the 42DD cans, so it's going to be a busy Christmas!
    Last edited by Greg Roles; 25-11-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast