Support VWWC

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Provent / catchcan fitment kits.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yep, but return to sump is not ideal in a diesel as you are already hammering your oil with soot and diesel blow by, so the Provent drain is better discarded. I ran a return to dump in the Golf, but did change the oil twice as much. This time I'm draining it off.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    I still need to put one on the Caddy.. Hoping the water/methanol kit helps to clean the inlet, though.
    It will indeed keep it spotless, but that PCV oil still ends up in a DPF if fitted.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Greg, how do you drain it off from low down on the firewall with all the plumbing in place on a/my Yeti?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post
    It will indeed keep it spotless, but that PCV oil still ends up in a DPF if fitted.
    So.. Are you selling water/meth kits?

I don't currently sell one for a diesel and I like to support local business.. It is after all in our own best interests. Haha.

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeman View Post
    Greg, how do you drain it off from low down on the firewall with all the plumbing in place on a/my Yeti?
    Tube hangs out transmission tunnel and I fixed it below the passenger floor pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    So.. Are you selling water/meth kits?

I don't currently sell one for a diesel and I like to support local business.. It is after all in our own best interests. Haha.
    Mate Snow is distributed by Rocket Industries, and Devils Own had like 5% margin, so nope. I would recommend Snow for the digital controller, and Devils for odd parts, as Snow have crap aftermarket service. Snow do have an awesome Max mileage twin nozzle diesel kit, but you really only need a stage one boost referenced one as EGT reference is only really for towing up prolonged hills. I found much better performance when referencing boost as opposed to EGTs.

Copy that. I'll talk to my mate Graeme... or more likely, one of his sales guys. Haha.

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Users Country Flag
    Greg, just clarify - the catch can collects the sum gasses but how does the oil contaminate the EGR?.
    I thought the exhaust gas was free of blowby oil which was a PCV issue.
    In other words does the Provent stop oil somehow contaminating the EGR?. ....Does the PCV allow/direct oil vapour to the EGR..

The crankcase gasses contain an oil mist. Usually crank case gasses are returned into the inlet pre-turbo.

The EGR gasses are incorporated to the inlet air after the EGR valve, post turbo.

When the EGR is recirculating, the soot laden exhaust gas is mixed with oil laden crank case gasses and combine to deposit black carbon rich goo on the walls of the inlet after the EGR valve.

A provent or other catch can helps reduce the content of oil mist in the crank case gasses which in turn reduces the propensity of the EGR + Vent gasses to form goop.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gldgti View Post
    ?.....

When the EGR is recirculating, ............
    Do you mean for a second time?.
    Under what circumstances does it 'recirculate'?

No, I mean when it is operating. Valve open. It's nature is recirculating.... It recirculates exhaust gas through the engine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast