Thread: Noisy V6 light load

Noisy V6 light load

Just updated my 2015 4cyl dark label with a Highline 580 after 200k trouble free kms.
    Yes, lots more power but it has a very loud diesel rattle at light throttle. My 4cyl was never like that. Itís a definite diesel clatter, but very loud and it ďturns offĒ as soon as you bury your foot.VW say itís normal, but having 6 years in a 4cyl Amarok there was nothing like this. Engine is turbine smooth and quiet once underway, a bit too quiet actually, I miss the purr of the 4cyl under load.
    I now listen to every V6 I can taking off, including Touareg, Q7ís, but they are just turbine smooth, just a gravelly sound at most.
    Any ideas?

Mine is the same. V6 life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I have a Audi SQ5 with the V6 TDI and I cant say I have the same issue. I quite often drive with the windows down and the engine is smooth and quiet....most people dont even realise its a diesel until I tell them. Plenty of turbo whistle to be heard though.

My only issue with this car is transmission/prop shaft movement which puts a thump through the vehicle sometimes during light acceleration when changing from 1st to 2nd gear or deceleration.
    2015 Mk7 GTI Performance
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Having owned the 2L for 5 years, the V6 is a lot louder. I need to make a recording for VW, so will add it here if I am able.
    Sounds very “truck like” but when it goes away, is smooth and quiet. I had a loan V6 once and didn’t notice it. Should have test driven it, but being a new vehicle, thought all would be good.