Support VWWC

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: mk5_tdi's build

Users Country Flag

mk5_tdi's build - Now with BBS SUPER RS!!!

Hi Guys
    Think its time to finally start updating my build thread
    Car is an 06 2.0tdi that was purchased in Jan this year
    After owning my evo 7 and having to sell it to get something a bit more daily friendly (see below)
    However I've still got the mod bug in anything I seem to drive, and just like to have a nice car, and love working on cars too. Anyway after the deposit was paid that night I was straight on the net searching for parts. I first purchased a set of Hella Celis Halogen headlights, JOM Blueline coilovers, and a RCD510 headunit, with canbus update and aerial adaptor.

Few nights later after finally picking the car up I again strolled my way through the internet shopping mall and purchased a fog light kit, with new wiring harness, and euroswitch. Also purchased a new intake kit which for $120 thought why not.

Within a few weeks my Hella Celis headlights arrived and fitted them promptly, and i must say a big improvement over the factory headlights, the only downside being halogen still. Nonetheless I purchased a genuine Philips canbus 6000k HID kit and visibility is now great.

The Jom coils took much longer to arrive than the headlights for some reason, they sat in Germany for 2 weeks at the DHL depot, and no-one could give me answers why. Anyway will being impatient waiting for coilovers I went searching for wheels, and within a few nights I found a perfect set for car, 18x8 +35 BBS Super RS after organising through Jesse Streeter for payment, I also purchased a set of gold bolts which will be going to help on the refurb.

Finally my JOM coils showed up and within the day I fitted them, now cruising at its lowest point around 50mm lol
    But the car looks heaps better than when it was stock height. One thing with JOM is a quick touch up on two front struts on a special nut on each loctite is needed so no banging will happen in the future. Easy job, takes no more than 5mins each side. Car rides great now too. This same week the intake kit showed up, the ad stated for jetta but after quick discussion with the seller and assuring me will fit for Golf it fitted perfectly. Gets a much louder spool now and also flutters below 2000rpm

About a week later my RCD510 and all its components came in so I could install them, however i was short the VCDS cable, after a quick chat to a previous R32 owner than went to an evo, Terrance sent me in the way of Tim at Dub Addiction. A week later i dropped by and picked up the cable, while chatting to Tim about tuning etc i left to only come back next Friday night and drive home just over an hour later with my new GIAC tune. Car feels much more responsive and has plenty more torque throughout the rev range. Well worth the coin, and Tim's service is great.
    Anyway to this day i still have not installed the RCD510, need to borrow a laptop from someone, will do soon though as radio is giving me the ****s badly now lol

Not much happened for a few weeks until my fog light kit showed up, with the new wiring kit it was fitted in quite a fast time, just like usual running wires through the engine bay/interior is a pain; especially because I'm a little fussy with having a neat bay. But with the euroswitch I can now on/off my fog lights when i please I also had some led's around and scattered them throughout the interior which brightens it up heaps more now.
    The led fog light kit however is not the best, so I have purchased a new set of halogen h3 fog light glass globes and a h3 6000k hid kit which should be arriving soon.

Now a few weeks had passed and I was getting pretty impatient for my wheels (sea shipping sucks ) so scrolling through eBay one night I came across a Milltek rear muffler section in WA and the seller was willing to post at expense. I won it, just shy of $250 posted, however e-go has been pretty slow on updating there side with tracking numbers etc and I've been waiting for sometime to get it, however the seller is really helpful which is great.

So nearly the current date and I was needing to also finish off the Milltek exhaust I bit the bullet and purchased the rest of the Milltek TBE from Roadrunner Motorsports in the UK. A very quick dispatch and under a week (excluding easter) and I the exhaust arrived today (yet to get pics though) Today was a good day though, I also received my tracking number finally from e-go for my rear muffler section so that should be here soon, and my BBS arrived
    However they are gone already over to Neway Wheels to be fixed of gutter rash and get polished.
    Had to make sure they spun 100% while i was down there so took the whole wheel, spun them up then pulled them apart out the front. Brought the centers home as they will be painted.
    My dad got home and he usually spends Tuesday nights at my old boss's panelshop, after finding out he was heading there again, and already previously speaking to my old boss i also stripped the front bar moulds, door moulds, and door handles and sent it all with the rim centers to be painted this week.

So that brings me to today, I'm waiting for a few parts, things to be painted and rims to be polished and fixed
    I'll be updating with more pics when anything updates now, and hopefully soon have the car to the wait I have envisioned
    Probably a few things I've missed as its been a lot of modding/buying etc in last few months but that's that fun

Nick

evo that I had, missed quite a bit running 233awkw and with 'tephra mods' used to blow flames and make huge pops/bangs

The new car, a bit more subtle but still fun nonetheless, fuel dumps are damn fun

Last edited by mk5_tdi; 15-05-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Wow. Loving your work. It seems like you have done a few nice mods and I'm delighted that more people are tweaking their TDIs. Which brand intake are you using?

Now to get my arse into gear. Am tuning my beast, hopefully in the next couple of weeks as well as the DSG. And a few more cosmetic improvements to come. Stay tuned.

2007 Golf MKV 2.0 TDI DSG
    | CustomCode Phase1 ECU + DSG | aFe Stage 2 | SprintBooster | KW Variant 3 | 19" Breyton GTS-R | GTI Side Skirts | GTI Front Bar | GTI Shifter

Users Country Flag
    You're a fast mover!

Can I ask what's happening here?

So you got a custom made intake/pod that isn't a CAI but you've left the stock CAI mount from the grille still bolted on?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFed View Post
    Wow. Loving your work. It seems like you have done a few nice mods and I'm delighted that more people are tweaking their TDIs. Which brand intake are you using?

Now to get my arse into gear. Am tuning my beast, hopefully in the next couple of weeks as well as the DSG. And a few more cosmetic improvements to come. Stay tuned.
    Thanks, yeah love the tdi and with new tune its great, actually managed to creep in front of a twin turbo legnum the other day that had an exhaust. Its a bit of a sleeper haha
    Brand is called BBP. Just got it through eBay, was searching tdi intakes and came across a few jetta ones

Quote Originally Posted by benough View Post
    You're a fast mover!

Can I ask what's happening here?

So you got a custom made intake/pod that isn't a CAI but you've left the stock CAI mount from the grille still bolted on?
    Haha cheers, I had spare cash from evo sale so mod bug had to be fed
    Intake sits to side, the standard CAI is still in place, and runs the curved return that normal bolts onto bottom of the airbox
    now it has a silicon pipe extending towards the filter so its still getting cold air to it
    can chuck a better pic up if its not the best explanation

So got some work done this weekend, fitted the new h3 fog lights with 6000k hid kit, these also have glass projectors over the old led's plastic ones.
    Some universal rubber lip for the front bar (had to cut off the original one as it was pretty damaged, this is a lot softer so shouldn't damage as much now)
    And also got my rcd510 and can bus gateway installed, but didn't get a pic of this yet and still hoping i did it right and car doesn't have a flat battery tomorrow
    However still waiting on my painted moulds to come back, should be sometime this week

Well an eventful day today, new tyres arrived first thing this morning for the rims from saveontyres.com.au, they are 205/40r18 Toyo Proxes 4. Then I left home straight to Epping Volkswagen and picked up the brand new genuine gti valance (I forgot to order the tow hook cover as well, so ordered that while I was there and it will be in stock on Tuesday)
    Then I had a quick few errands to run for work and it was off to Clayton, Euro Division.
    I had actually purchased an ABT rear valance from Jason early in the week however because Im planning on keeping the bar black (with decat it will stay black whether its painted or not haha) i wanted the bumpy factory finish, where the ABT actually needs to be painted.
    He was more than accepting and refunded me for the bar.
    Then I gave Hunter Express a call and verifying my consignment was there it was over to Dandy South to pickup my Milltek rear muffler section and tips. So after a few long hours or running around I finally organised a lot today and plan on hopefully installing the exhaust in the coming week
    Attached are some pics of the moulds/handles and rcd510 installed as well

Last edited by mk5_tdi; 20-04-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Get those rims on already. Can't wait to see it.

| CustomCode Phase1 ECU + DSG | aFe Stage 2 | SprintBooster | KW Variant 3 | 19" Breyton GTS-R | GTI Side Skirts | GTI Front Bar | GTI Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by ForceFed View Post
    Get those rims on already. Can't wait to see it.
    haha you and me both mate, however polishers always seem to take forever when they do work
    same thing happened when i sent the last rims to be polished to them
    but I give a call to them next week to see if I can get a finished date out of them

Well got to installing the Milltek TBE over the weekend and the gti valance
    It was quite easy considering I've only ever tackled flanged exhaust systems, it pieces together really easy
    Hear bit more spool and car goes better to, picks up heaps better
    One thing I did find strange was that the car doesnt have a lambda/o2 sensor to the cat. I was thinking I needed to tune out the CEL that comes with the de-cat however thats for the DPF modeled cars, so was really happy with an easy bolt on mod

Pick up my tow hook cover tomorrow so ill get some picks of it all on, however really need to wash car its filthy atm (joys of living on a dirt road )

---------- Post added 24-04-2012 at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 23-04-2012 at 08:24 PM ----------

Went down to Epping Volkswagen to pickup my tow hook cover only to find out they had brought in the round one that I already had, so have to wait until Thursday to pick that up now.
    However I gave Neway's a call and surprise to me the barrels and caps were done, so went a picked them up
    Again very happy with the work done and would recommend anyone needing repairs/polishing to seek them out
    Just waiting on the new nuts for the back so I can start putting them all together then
    cant seem to upload a pic of the cap, imageshack seems to only let me do the barrels for now, but you can see them in corner

Users Country Flag

Yeah buddy!!!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast