Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: mk5_tdi's build

Quote Originally Posted by mk5_tdi View Post
    haha don't worry I have a feeling they will still be on an oiler around Melb anyway
    I like this
    Last edited by lol.u.mad.bro; 04-06-2013 at 09:55 AM.

-- Drive like a fat girl on Facebook... Get those angles right and know your sweet spots! --

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mk5_tdi View Post
    I was the winning bidder and the new proud owner of a 2002 Toyota Crown Majesta 10th Anniversary edition.
    They look very plain on a Google search, got a photo of a pimping one?
    What got you so keen for one?
    Golf GT Sport TDI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    haha just wanted a change, v8, auto, luxury, so many factory features and that I've always been a jap fan boy
    Don't worry about fuel economy as I hardly drive my car's anyway as I work for our family business

How mine will pretty much look at the end, yes I already have a set of bags ordered

Users Country Flag

mk5_tdi's build

Ill be really interested in seeing what it ends up like, never seen one in person.
    Hennessy Auto Styling MK5 TDI [SIZE=3]|| United Grey || Sunroof & Leather || 18x8.5 +45 Rotiform BLQ and 17x8 17x9 +39 Stern Reverse Face II || K Sport Deluxe Air Suspension || After Market OEM Style Body Kit and Accessories!
    Hennessy Auto Styling - Bumpers, Spoilers, Carbon, Lips and more.

Ealrier in thread you mentioned that your exhaust was straight through. Did you get your exhaust custom made? Or is it stock & you removed the cat & muffler? including dump if so what size piping 2.5" or 3" ? I'm planing on getting a exhaust done & thinking of a new dump straight through to a varex remote controlled muffler
    What would you do? Any pro's & cons. ?

downpipe to the rear section is all stainless Milltek, the rear section is a mild steel piece with twin stainless tips
    It's not overly loud, diesels don't go as loud as petrol engines. Iv'e got a pic of it in my for sale thread if your interested
    Price is negotiable, would cost a lot more than what I'm asking anyway to have made up
    Anyway if your interested pm me and we can work something out

Well after 5 months sorting out a shagged box and having major issues with a certain wrecker the car was back on the road and listed for sale. After no more than a few weeks had some interest and a price was discussed and after a few checks and a tedious wait for the buyers fiance the car was sold. (next bit is half copied from aus-vip forums)
    During this time I had already purchased my next car however a Toyota Crown Majesta which had been SEVS approved for compliance and allowed to be imported to Aus. After so many issues with the Golf and it being off the road so long I had enough, bit the bullet and contacted Ben through J-Spec to start looking for a type-c Majesta (air-sus, v in mid May and after a few weeks a suitable car came across.
    It was a 2002 10th Anniversary type-c Majesta, this was every option as standard (sunroof, leather etc) and for the price it was hard not to jump onto.
    Anyway purchased on June 1st and after a few months as it missed the first ship (as funds hadn't cleared Japan side) it arrived in Melbourne August 13th, cleared customs and quarantine and was at the compliance shop on the 15th.
    I had gone down a few times after the car arrived as I knew the guy that runs the compliance shop as I had delt with him before with a family members car before.
    Anyway waiting began as Ben did say compliance would take a lot longer as it was a newly listed SEVS approved car and he wasn't wrong
    2 months after it arrived at the shop (within the original time frame I had been given still) the compliance plate was finally cleared and the car was plated and went off to roadworthy yesterday, and looking to pick it up tomorrow sometime if all goes well with the few bushes that need to be replaced.

So after months of waiting the next few exciting days have finally come across to pick up the new car. But while I was waiting I couldn't help myself but buy some parts for it lol
    Currently the car is on a set of 18 Rays Sebring ITC wheels, unsure of sizes/offsets but they are pretty sunken.
    Now i have bought
    Boldworld Ultima Advance II air suspension kit
    19x9 & 19x10 +20 Work Varianza f2s step lip rims with tyres
    Aftermarket front lip (which may not be used now anyway)
    Beatsonic surround kit (plus associated wiring) which allows for a 2nd screen in front of the shifter as the standard nav unit integrates the aircon controls and nav can't be used here
    Woodgrain trim to cover the factory headunit
    Kenwood DNX5330BTNAV unit
    Toyota genuine premium horns
    Stainless steel pillar covers
    Vibrant dual exhaust tips
    LED fender markers
    Few different colour hid globes for headlights/foglights
    Glassylite headlight restoration kit
    KURAUN plates which comes from クラウン which actually translates to Crown the car
    I'm still waiting on my wheels and some new bushes for the suspension as a few have tiny cracks but I figured I would replace them now as the kits not in the car, also I bought a new center armrest as mine was pretty cracked up and waiting on that as well

So some pics of it in Japan waiting on the ship and the stack of parts I can only look at waiting for the car so I can finally put them on

car that the suspension came off, but lots more height adjust-ability than that also

Picked up the Varianzas yesterday from Import Monster, and very happy with them (besides the peeling clear on the centers which I knew about)
    Anyway they are O disk so big dish 3.5" fronts and 4" rears (seller never listed what disk they were but were fitted to a Y33 so I knew they would fit over the front calipers), I'm actually going to try and fit the 265s on the rear too instead of stretching tyres
    Currently at Neway wheels getting repainted in the same colour as the body (white pearl)

New bushes for the boldworld kit as some were cracked, and picked up 80 brand new J-Pop cd's for a steal for that authentic cruising music (not a mod but meh)

Finally as of yesterday I picked up the car, after 6 months from first purchase it's been a long drawn out process but so glad it's all ready now.
    It will be the first registered one in Victoria, could be the first in Australia (depending if someone has done one in NSW already)
    Got some strange looks on the way home lol, really needs a good wash and polish too

Users Country Flag
    Wow dude. What an ordeal! Glad it's all come together for you.

well I was told from the start that the Majesta would take up to 6 months, but when it arrived the compliance shop said 2 weeks as it was going through Sydney. But then the department of transport classed the Majesta and Athletes (1jz turbo) as different cars and went and retested the Majestas which was a 2.5 month process 'sigh'
    But alas now all is good and I can finally start modding it and cruising again

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819