Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the Tinkering get Abominable.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeman View Post
    I'd love to nail down exactly what the differences between the 103 and 125 are.
    Is there a difference in 'hardware' ?
    So far all I can find for sure is turbo and integrated log manifold, ECU program ( same ECU system ) and a clutch in the manuals. All the 4 valve TDI's have 16.5 compression, only the 2V had 18 odd to 1. The new GTD 135kw EA88 we don't get has 15.8:1, but wow what an engine.

I'll be working it out for sure, but the yanks have already posted a lot of info on TDIclub that the Euro engines only differ in the above, whereas their USA 103 version differs considerably, as usual.

I would expect at least injectors also differ, but as yet can't find anything from VW stating this is so.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Hey Greg, I have some MK5 GTI brake calipers and brackets if you want to see if they fit up front. Won't be expensive .

Shame about the driveway, it wash off next time we have some rain.......

Gavin
    Awesome, done deal , just let me recover from Christmas!
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post
    Awesome, done deal , just let me recover from Christmas!
    Cool, they aren't going anywhere Greg.

Gavin

Nice one Greg, good to see the tinkering evolve!
    What's the Brake master cyl size for the GTI v Yeti?
    Will you need to bump that up too to retain same pedal feel?

Users Country Flag
    Greg
    It's probably worth reading this as a guide to what fits & what doesn't.
    The Twins. (And Yeti RS) - Yeti Project Journals - BRISKODA.net

With the GTI brake upgrade, you should only need the rotor & caliper carrier and re-use your existing calipers/pads. It makes it a fairly quick and mess free change-over and 16" rims still work.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post
    So far all I can find for sure is turbo and integrated log manifold, ECU program ( same ECU system ) and a clutch in the manuals. All the 4 valve TDI's have 16.5 compression, only the 2V had 18 odd to 1. The new GTD 135kw EA88 we don't get has 15.8:1, but wow what an engine.

I'll be working it out for sure, but the yanks have already posted a lot of info on TDIclub that the Euro engines only differ in the above, whereas their USA 103 version differs considerably, as usual.

I would expect at least injectors also differ, but as yet can't find anything from VW stating this is so.
    A GTD in my Yeti would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tinto View Post
    Nice one Greg, good to see the tinkering evolve!
    What's the Brake master cyl size for the GTI v Yeti?
    Will you need to bump that up too to retain same pedal feel?
    Probably the same "Golf" master cylinder, but way too serious for me Mart, some GTI fronts would be sweet. The stock brakes are fine, and for normal driving you only really need one good stop, but where the GT feels aggressive, the Yeti just feels "normal". Suits the stock power really, but that's gonna change!

I think I got done by a speed camera on Boxing Day, even saw it and made sure I was only just over 100, so we shall see if the Yeti is spot on speedo wise, the GT was bang on 100 at an indicated 107. Plenty of other punters around me, so may have been one of them. Has anyone GPS tested their Skoda, I would assume it has the typical VW error?

EDIT: 3 months down and no ticket, and have since checked the speedo with GPS, and 106-107 is bang on 100kph. I set it at 106 and 116 indicated, and no police action thus far.
    Last edited by Greg Roles; 24-04-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Users Country Flag
    My Yeti over-reads by a fat 5, maybe 6 at 100.
    I figure I can JUST get away with 120 indicated in a 110 zone ......6 for speedo 2 for radar giving 'detected' 104 ...'alleged' 102 .
    I think you'd be stiff if they didn't give you the alleged 2.

Users Country Flag

Greg, I am rolling through Caloundra tomorrow. Could maybe drop around briefly with the calipers? Try before you buy!

Gavin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast