Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTD economy in hot weather

Are you perhaps just using the air-con ? I can easily get about 1.5l/100kms difference between having the aircon on or not. Also take into account the traffic- are you experiencing more stop start traffic perhaps recently? I can also easily add 1.5'/100kms if its school holidays or not.
    2007 Black Magic VW Golf GT TDi, Latte Leather, Sunroof, Bluefin Superchip, 18" Detroits, APR lower torque arm insert, APR Carbon Fibre Cold Air Intake system, GTi sideskirts & front lip, R32 Rear Bar, GTi Steering wheel, RNS-510,Infinity BassLink Subwoofer,stubby antenna, R8 Oil Cap, Golf R front calipers, slotted front rotors, ceramic brake pads, LITEC LED tail-lights, Dension Gateway Five, Rear Emblem Reverse Camera, H&R Ultralow coil-overs, Badge-less front grille

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeep15cba View Post
    GTD is 2011 and just clicked over 36k so rather new still...great 2nd hand buy!!
    It was filled up on a very hot day 2 weeks ago, whilst sitting on the hway it was 45deg on the gauge with a horrible dry hot wind. Definitely can count towards something there but this new tank is going to go along the same lines I think.

Just interesting to see the massive differences. It is similar to body weight...check it daily and get a guideline but need to see what happens over a 3 month period to notice major change.

I'm thinking about getting it remapped (for fun not the economy reason) but had a concern of doing this just in case it could be something more sinister.
    Thanks for the thoughts!
    My car stock, albeit the earlier PD 125kw engine, averaged 6.5L over the first three years on the stock tune. Once tuned, it has averaged 6.5L since, now at 6 years old. A well written tune by any of the decent name brand tuners should not alter the economy, hell my car is a v8 hassler and returns stock economy, and that's on just a tune alone for the last several months - now mechanically back to stock ready for sale.

I find my new Yeti 103 TDI, is averaging 6.7-6.8L/100 now towards 4000kms. 4x4, heavier car, aerodynamics of a rubik's cube, so makes sense. I expect any of these kind of engines to get 6.5-7.0L/100kms, 5.0 is an unrealistic, recently reset MFD I reckon.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12