Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Erratic Speedo 2013 passat TDI

Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    Hey mate, who’d you get the car off? I’ve found JMC really good to deal with.
    Off gowans Volkswagen in Burnie mate, I reckon they will be all good about, but you just never know haha. Considering we had only had the car for 12 hours before it played up im sure they will help out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I’d argue it is a roadworthiness issue - by law, the speedo must work for a start, and read not slower than the actual road speed.

if they give you any runaround, you could tell them they’ve sold you an unroadworthy vehicle - which is in breach of their dealers license.

hopefully though, they just fix it.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    I’d argue it is a roadworthiness issue - by law, the speedo must work for a start, and read not slower than the actual road speed.

if they give you any runaround, you could tell them they’ve sold you an unroadworthy vehicle - which is in breach of their dealers license.

hopefully though, they just fix it.
    But the digital is reading correct he says so can just use that I prefer to anyway
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    But the digital is reading correct he says so can just use that I prefer to anyway
    That's not the point.
    His Speedo is fluctuating.
    That's not normal

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    That's not the point.
    His Speedo is fluctuating.
    That's not normal

Agreed but the other post said it wouldnt be roadworthy but surely if the digital one is correct it would be
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Agreed but the other post said it wouldnt be roadworthy but surely if the digital one is correct it would be
    Can't qualify that part of it as I'm not remotely qualified....

From my perspective the digital Speedo is an optional extra, the analogue dial is the primary instrument.
    If it doesn't reflect ADR suitable readings it's not compliant...

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I will let you all know how I go. Will be all good guys im sure

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    The digital speedo can be hidden by choosing to display other functions yeah? Then the vehicle is unroadworthy. A dealer is not allowed to sell an unroadworthy vehicle - hence it is in THEIR interests to fix it.
    Cheers

Hi all, I have been to the dealer today and they have been great, they will go through the car when Ive got a free day, and have a loan car available if i want, overall a great experience so far. I will let everyone know what they find as soon as i know

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattbtassie View Post
    Hi all, I have been to the dealer today and they have been great, they will go through the car when Ive got a free day, and have a loan car available if i want, overall a great experience so far. I will let everyone know what they find as soon as i know
    good news

one thing we we still have here in tassie is some really good customer service.
    Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast