Support VWWC

Thread: DSG front seal/cover plate repacement.

Users Country Flag

DSG front seal/cover plate repacement.

Just dropped the engine and gearbox out and before doing this I noticed some drips of clean oil coming from the bell housing.
    So I have split the engine and gearbox and there has been some leakage from the front seal/cover plate.
    Just wondering if I stand the box with the bell housing facing up I can just simply replace the seal/cover plate without having to dump the oil?
    Thanks
    MKV Sportsline Soot Belcher
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag
    You probably could, i have a DSG sitting out of the car in my garage and can pretty much rotate or sit it at any angle without the oil coming out. You would probably want to watch the oil lines up the top as it could leak from there.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    You probably could, i have a DSG sitting out of the car in my garage and can pretty much rotate or sit it at any angle without the oil coming out. You would probably want to watch the oil lines up the top as it could leak from there.
    I reckon you'd be fine, the box isn't really half full of oil. You could drain it and put it back in if moneys tight. Penrite DCT is only $75 and a filter not much over $35.

Gavin