Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DPF Removal Guide

Great guide. You've got some balls mate. I'm not sure if I'd personally take a hammer to it... Can you just remove it and put in a strait pipe?

Makes me wish I had a DPF... LOL

If anyone is keen, we are offering the handheld flash units along with 2 mod files, incl dpf deletes if required, so you can have economy and power, or towing or what ever, along with the stock file all at your fingertips.
    Unit and files is $795 for a short while. Fully warranty backed files, and dyno info and gains on pretty much every model you can think of.
    Pm me for details

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by getjet View Post
    Great guide. You've got some balls mate. I'm not sure if I'd personally take a hammer to it... Can you just remove it and put in a strait pipe?

Makes me wish I had a DPF... LOL
    Yeah you can remove it and put in a straight pipe, the problem is no one makes them locally and they cost the earth to ship from the UK because they have such a long pipe connected to the downpipe/DPF section.

Also Miltek who is the main (only?) supplier of the down pipes wont sell them unless you are getting a Custom Code tune. At least I think this is still the case, I haven't heard any different.
    Golf GT Sport TDI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jazd View Post
    Yeah you can remove it and put in a straight pipe, the problem is no one makes them locally and they cost the earth to ship from the UK because they have such a long pipe connected to the downpipe/DPF section.

Also Miltek who is the main (only?) supplier of the down pipes wont sell them unless you are getting a Custom Code tune. At least I think this is still the case, I haven't heard any different.
    Hey Jared, They are available on the open market these day mate. That was a scheme to get some of the development money back IMO.

So you can get one from Milltek or your preferred UK supplier. Whether you'd get the local importer to supply one, I haven't asked.

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Hey Jared, They are available on the open market these day mate. That was a scheme to get some of the development money back IMO.

So you can get one from Milltek or your preferred UK supplier. Whether you'd get the local importer to supply one, I haven't asked.

Gavin
    Well there you go. Thanks Gav.

Another reason I removed the core is that it looks stock, whereas a down-pipe is fairly obvious.
    Golf GT Sport TDI

Users Country Flag
    Great guide, but please don't be so obvious guys. The initial fine carries a max $12k for an individual!
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post
    Great guide, but please don't be so obvious guys. The initial fine carries a max $12k for an individual!
    Fair comment.

This is really the only thing stopping me from gutting the egr system totally... You've been quiet lately Greg. How's the car and your DPF stuff going? Have you been bitten by the gti or r bug given your probably tuning lots of them?

Users Country Flag
    Fine relates specifically to DPF's. Hobbling your EGR is most likely to come under normal "canary", report for inspection at RTA. The big problem / fine is to do with particulates, a current hotspot for the government EPA types.

Yep I've been forum absent, but never busier, decided to take a break after getting spanked over the APR thing.....

Yep a tuned R is a beautiful thing, but I'm an oiler through and through.
    Last edited by Greg Roles; 29-12-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Wow Greg! Good luck with everything!

Tell us more about getting spanked over APR.

Yep best of luck with the business. Sounds good!
    Golf GT Sport TDI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast