Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dieselgate Settlement

Users Country Flag

Dieselgate Settlement

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...ettles-120612/

Approximately $1400 per vehicle.

My question to the wise, what happens if you have sold your affected car??

Users Country Flag
    I imagine only the original owners who purchased them from VW would be eligible. Whether you still have the vehicle or have on sold it is irrelevant because the settlement is compensation for the "deception" by VW on the initial sale. Just IMO
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag
    If you owned it prior to 2015 you are eligible I sold mine 6 months ago but am still in for it. As long as you registered they have a record of the vehicle and if you have a change of ownership form from after 2015 you will be OK
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Any idea on when it will be paid? We still have our 2010 Tigger.
    Dave.
    103 TDI 7spd DSG
    Porsche Boxster S 3.2L for sunny days.
    Real 4WD Toyota Landcruiser HZJ105

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinarelloman View Post
    Any idea on when it will be paid? We still have our 2010 Tigger.
    Sometime in the future Jeez its not even gone through the courts for settlement yet.

Are you in the class action or not because if you are you would have had the letter.

If you arent well maybe too bad

Users Country Flag
    It is my understanding that you needed to be a party to the class action. This means you needed to register with the law firm(s) who ran the actions as a claimant before a certain date.

If you did not, you are probably not covered and will likely not receive anything.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    It is my understanding that you didnt have to join and its not too late but you must have owned an eligible car prior to a date in 2015.

As I said previously on here there were those who thought it was worthwhile and joined early on and will benefit.

There were those who pooh poohed the idea and didnt but now are circling around like scavengers around a carcase because there might be money in it..

Then there were those who didnt pay attention and now are wondering what to do.

Most should have know because when /if you had a service done at VW after the recall was announced you would have been told and asked if you wanted the recall done or not and if not asked to sign a paper saying so.. Also if you are a member on here there has been a thread running for years about it

Personally I reckon there should have been a cutoff date for joining.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 25-09-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Users Country Flag
    That is incorrect Sharkie. Under the rules of this class action, to not be eligible, you actually had to opt out of the class action by mid October 2017. I received letters from Skoda in the lead up to that date. Owners can still register with one of the ambulance chasers but but nothing really needs to be done until after the Federal Court approves the settlement.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    t

Personally I reckon there should have been a cutoff date for joining.
    Personally, even if you’ve registered, you should only get anything after the car had software fix applied, if you still own the car.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Personally, even if you’ve registered, you should only get anything after the car had software fix applied, if you still own the car.
    Well if the engines were so bad the Govt would have made the recall compulsory and they didnt.

They got pinged for telling lies more than the fumes.

AFAIK the slack emission standards here do not make them illegal.

Ps I dont own it any more

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast