Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dieselgate Settlement

To add a bit more to my last post the question is why at least one person was given preferential treatment without others having knowledge of the possibility and did not have the same chance. Anyone who is reading this thread now has a legitimate reason to raise the question with the law firm that ran the case. It will be interesting to see what the result of that would be if someone did. I would feel really p'd off if I was one of the litigants and treated differently to some others for no apparent reason.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    To add a bit more to my last post the question is why at least one person was given preferential treatment without others having knowledge of the possibility and did not have the same chance. Anyone who is reading this thread now has a legitimate reason to raise the question with the law firm that ran the case. It will be interesting to see what the result of that would be if someone did. I would feel really p'd off if I was one of the litigants and treated differently to some others for no apparent reason.
    How do you know if anyone got preferential treatment if you dont know the terms of our agreement.

Everyone one had more than one reminder to join the action and in fact the close off date was extended for some months because like you some chose not to and then decided they should and moaned about it and the Judge gave them extra time. Because of that the pot remained the same and there ended up being more spoons in it so we all probably got a bit less because of that.

The payouts as discussed in open media were apparently decided by some ratio against the cost price of each model and as mine was listed as just a****** and it cost about 40% more than a base one I probably didnt get any more because of that. Therefore presumably a Touareg owner probably got more than a Golf owner for instance. I only know what I got.

No one knows what others got.

As far as disputing the joining time of the litigation there was two firms over two years or more so everyone had plenty of time to choose to join.

I am quite happy with the result and havent seen anyone who hasnt been yet. Is money for jam anyway as as far as Im concerned the car was fine and I never got the "VOLUNTARY" recall done before i sold it.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 13-03-2021 at 10:56 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Late to the party, but I got enough to buy a Darkside delete pipe, with an additional pDPF, so it traps about half the soot and never needs a regen. Thought this purchase was fitting for the bonus money. Last dealer visit for the airbag they automatically tried to slip in the dieselgate tune, told them to look under the hood.
    Last edited by Greg Roles; 19-10-2022 at 08:15 AM.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234