Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dieselgate Settlement

I doubt the total settlement figure for each person is worth worrying about. I can't remember if I am in or out but I am ambivalent about the whole thing. It was a great car, never gave me a problem and certainly had more than 125kw, I used to love the mid range urge that it had especially when we were towing which we did just about weekly when racing.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Just received my Dieselgate Class Action Settlement letter from VWA.

I wasn't part of any class action suit, but it seems that VWA is writing to all known owners and lessors/lessees informing them of their rights to join the class action.

If you haven't yet received this notice and you want to be part of the settlement you have until 10 March 2020 to register at

Home

This above link defaults to Home but it works.

You will need your VIN and registration details of the the affected vehicle and need to be the registered owner as of September or October 2015.

Good luck.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalgam View Post
    Just received my Dieselgate Class Action Settlement letter from VWA.

I wasn't part of any class action suit, but it seems that VWA is writing to all known owners and lessors/lessees informing them of their rights to join the class action.

If you haven't yet received this notice and you want to be part of the settlement you have until 10 March 2020 to register at

Home

This above link defaults to Home but it works.

You will need your VIN and registration details of the the affected vehicle and need to be the registered owner as of September or October 2015.

Good luck.
    Did that a few weeks ago as was in at the start
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Bump

Just in case you missed it.

2 weeks left to lodge your claim.

Such a joke
    The oil companies should be the ones who pay for making such **** fuel that you even need a DPF filter in the first place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tyr382 View Post
    Such a joke
    The oil companies should be the ones who pay for making such **** fuel that you even need a DPF filter in the first place

Whilst poor quality fuel is not good for a DPF, I don't think there is any Diesel fuel anywhere that will combust without producing the particulate matter that a DPF is designed to filter out.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Dieselgate Settlement

Synthetic diesel burn way cleaner with very little NOx emissions, no sulphur and produces zero soot. There would be no need for a DPF.
    The engines them selves are very clean. It’s fuel that is dirty.
    She’ll has kind of an answer but it’s still a form of a fossil fuel.
    But I believe if you ran the test on such a fuel, there would be no problem in passing emissions.

Here’s a quick video demonstrating the low soot

YouTube

Last edited by tyr382; 27-02-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyr382 View Post
    Synthetic diesel burn way cleaner with very little NOx emissions, no sulphur and produces zero soot. There would be no need for a DPF.
    The engines them selves are very clean. It’s fuel that is dirty.
    She’ll has kind of an answer but it’s still a form of a fossil fuel.
    But I believe if you ran the test on such a fuel, there would be no problem in passing emissions.

Here’s a quick video demonstrating the low soot

YouTube

Yes, but you're not talking about diesel fuel, this is a fuel derived from natural gas and passenger vehicles are not listed in the applications. "Shell GTL Fuel can be dropped in to any diesel engine without any need for modifications – be it in buses, trucks, cranes, power generators, offshore vessels or passenger cruise ships."

A bit unfair to blame fuel companies for selling a fuel that has been in use for over 100 years rather than a fuel developed by a single company over the last decade or so that has not been developed for passenger vehicles nor proven as suitable for them (yet).
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    I thought the whole dieselgate thing was for a NOX emissions cheat that was programmed into the vehicle rather than particulate matter.

Dieselgate Settlement

Quote Originally Posted by winchy View Post
    I thought the whole dieselgate thing was for a NOX emissions cheat that was programmed into the vehicle rather than particulate matter.
    Shell claim a 37% NOx reduction, but DAFF trucks did a independent study that found a 47% NOx reduction.

Brakes sees major NOX reduction with Shell GTL Fuel-powered DAF fleet | News | GB DAF

They are far cleaner then conventional diesel fuels

Last edited by tyr382; 28-02-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast