Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Campaign 23H9 - 103kW/125kw TDI PD Piezo Siemens Injector Failure

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to clarify some details of this recall for me?
    I got the letter from VW Aust and subsequesntly called Nepean Mtr Grp to arrange the fix.
    Dropped the car off on the designated day, only to return that afternoon to be told that the car would need to be brought back in a future date, as the recall was a 2 stage process where firstly they needed to inspect the injectors, and if any found to be faulty, then arrange for just those faulty injectors to be sourced from VW Aust.
    I didn't believe the story spun by Nepean, so called VW Aust. They confirmed that this indeed was their approach. Not all injectors would necessarily be replaced, only those found to be faulty.
    I stated that the letter I received stated that the recall was a 3 hour process, and it did not state that it required 2 visits, and that only some injectors "might" be replaced.

Is this in line with others experience?
    MY22 Tiguan 162 Elegance
    Sound and Vision , Sunroof packages
    Fireball Graphene Butterfly ceramic coating
    Thinkware U1000 dash cams

Users Country Flag
    Mate I had mine done there and it was painful, first I went there and gave them my Vin number ,they looked it up and told me that mine was on the list to be replaced , so I booked it in ,they said it was a one day job , But when I rang in the After noon I was informed that they had now checked the vehicle and had just now ordered the injectors, even then they could not promise it would be ready for the Friday the next day, so I asked to talk to the service manager who was so /so/ .
    So I explained the Watercooled members had had a one day turn around when they had their injectors replaced at other VW dealers
    Any way he promised the car for the next day after I protested ,

I had all mine replaced as their two different types Bosch Semens,

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, it's standard procedure.

They pop the rocker cover off, confirm the part numbers on the existing injectors, return the car to you, then order as necessary.

It's understandable that dealers don't want $4000 worth of injectors and associated parts sitting in their stock inventory.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    I was told by service there are 8 different injector part numbers, and until they take the rocker cover off and check they don't really know. The VIN check just puts you in the right time period ( late 2007- mid late 2008 I believe ) and they then have to physically look to narrow it down. I was lucky as they had the right injectors in stock, but I did go to the main VW dealer in Brisbane.

Oddly enough it looks like they didn't touch the harness, but perhaps realised I am running an upgraded Audi one anyway, so left it alone.

Car is running better than ever, starts better, feels quite peppy on a mild tune. Economy and everything as per normal. Happy days.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Unless I'm mistaken, the harness gets replaced regardless.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag

I thought so too, but I replaced mine in 2010 with an Audi one from the UK when I first realised the problem, and it is obviously different, so perhaps they left it. It had much thicker insulation that the VW one, but the different colours were VERY scary at the time. That was back when it was thought the loom could be the problem ( which it could ) but less likely than the o-rings in the injector solenoids.

Perhaps I read my report incorrectly - give a damn, I can relax a little about the car stopping unexpectedly.

Now to make em work a little harder : )
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112