Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boost Leak 2007 2.0 TDI Jetta

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

So, on Christmas Eve, I pulled the hose back off, and wrapped it with wire to keep it in the correct size and shape, put a bit of rubber glue in the crack, and then wrapped the lot with self fusing silicone tape with reasonable heat resistance. It looked the goods, and the car ran like a treat, until with four adults in it and the hills of the Central Coast NSW M1 on Christmas day with the A/C pumping, the silicone tape decided to start screaming too. Oh well. The car still ran well, just a bit more smoke than normal when the turbo kicks in.

When I pulled the hose back off again when we got back from Christmas, the silicone tape had ruptured across the back of the bend where it wasn't as thick, but the wire had held. The hose had split in a few more places as it needed to break between the wires. I took the hose off, as I'd been able to source another from Oli on here.

So, new hose, and the car is back to 'normal'. I don't think it's really possible to repair a pressure hose successfully, but the silicone tape did a great job, and maybe if I'd put some more layers directly on the pipe, and then wire wrapped the outside of the repair, then it may have lasted a bit longer. Anyway, all good for now.

Boost Leak 2007 2.0 TDI Jetta-turbo-pipe-3-jpgBoost Leak 2007 2.0 TDI Jetta-turbo-pipe-4-jpgBoost Leak 2007 2.0 TDI Jetta-turbo-pipe-5-tape-jpgBoost Leak 2007 2.0 TDI Jetta-turbo-pipe-6-taped-jpg
    Richard
    2007 Black Jetta 103TDI Manual, 18s, body kit + rear spoiler
    2001 Landcruiser FZJ105 Manual - The petrol guzzler!

Hi there, I think my Skoda Octavia has the same issue. My high pitched leak noise is definitely coming from the rear of the engine bay, Do you remember the part number for this pipe?

Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    From a zoom in to the picture on the first page, I got VRT 1K0 145 790

I hope that helps. It’s the first hose off the turbo. You’re best to get under the car on ramps or a hoist and pull it off to check if yours is that hose. They come out fairly easily. The holding clips pop out with a screwdriver, then the pipe just slides out. Practice with the clip just at the intake on the front top of the engine to see how the clips work.
    Richard
    2007 Black Jetta 103TDI Manual, 18s, body kit + rear spoiler
    2001 Landcruiser FZJ105 Manual - The petrol guzzler!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezel View Post
    From a zoom in to the picture on the first page, I got VRT 1K0 145 790

I hope that helps. It’s the first hose off the turbo. You’re best to get under the car on ramps or a hoist and pull it off to check if yours is that hose. They come out fairly easily. The holding clips pop out with a screwdriver, then the pipe just slides out. Practice with the clip just at the intake on the front top of the engine to see how the clips work.
    Great, thanks for that. Will give it a go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12