Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blowin' a bit of smoke!

Users Country Flag

If you have ever seen how much smoke mine blows you'll know it's normal

Pearce - no spark plugs on a diesel engine

Yes- plenty you can do to up the power, but have a search and read around the forums - its all been discussed at length before.

Your tuning box works by misinforming the ECU about the qty of air the engine is recieving (or the air temp - same effect anyway) and thus gets the ECU to inject more fuel. This gives you more power on a diesel up to a point, but its a very cheap and nasty way to do it and is also why you have a disproportionate increase in smoke for hte amount of power gained.

I have a tune on my skoda thats gained me about 20kW and 50Nm and it smokes less than with the standard tune - because the boost, injection timing and fuelling maps have been altered.

Check out all the stickies for some more diesel reading.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Blowin' a bit of smoke!

Oh god I can't believe I wrote that.
    | Candy White 2007, Mk 5 Golf, 2.0 TDI | 103 kw chipped to 138 kw | 19" Mercedes C6319 Gloss Black | Stage 1 APR Cold Air Intake | DNS-810 GPS Unit (Eventually...) | Diesel Geek Short Shifter |

Build Thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ild-85147.html

Users Country Flag
    Get rid of that box.
    Just do it, they're awful. Get a proper tuner onto your car.

Users Country Flag
    What he said.

Users Country Flag

Blowin' a bit of smoke!

Hey mate, I want to do my EGR soon, maybe organise to do it some weekend together?
    Hennessy Auto Styling MK5 TDI [SIZE=3]|| United Grey || Sunroof & Leather || 18x8.5 +45 Rotiform BLQ and 17x8 17x9 +39 Stern Reverse Face II || K Sport Deluxe Air Suspension || After Market OEM Style Body Kit and Accessories!
    Hennessy Auto Styling - Bumpers, Spoilers, Carbon, Lips and more.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Haha yeah sounds like a plan. I have a couple of friends that will help so see how we go. I'll let you know!
    | Candy White 2007, Mk 5 Golf, 2.0 TDI | 103 kw chipped to 138 kw | 19" Mercedes C6319 Gloss Black | Stage 1 APR Cold Air Intake | DNS-810 GPS Unit (Eventually...) | Diesel Geek Short Shifter |

Build Thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ild-85147.html

Users Country Flag

Blowin' a bit of smoke!

Hey man I went ahead and bought the darkside developments Egr delete.

And have since installed it, (was a pain to remove the Egr and fit new one mostly die to the Egr cooler pipe being in the way, and I have fat hands haha)

But warning, if you do this you will get a engine light "emissions garage" which is caused by the removal of the original Egr which has a flap inside too a straight pipe from dark side.
    But I have been told that with a tune this can be tuned out.

My car has 992xx Kms and was pretty filthy. I didn't remove my inlet due to lack of daylight but I cleaned with about 4 rags as far as I could while It was still on.

It is worth doing but make sure you have Allen keys that are under 4-5 inches in lenth (I hade longer ones around 6inch and it just made everything a real pain in the ass!)
    Hennessy Auto Styling MK5 TDI [SIZE=3]|| United Grey || Sunroof & Leather || 18x8.5 +45 Rotiform BLQ and 17x8 17x9 +39 Stern Reverse Face II || K Sport Deluxe Air Suspension || After Market OEM Style Body Kit and Accessories!
    Hennessy Auto Styling - Bumpers, Spoilers, Carbon, Lips and more.

Quote Originally Posted by lhennessy View Post

It is worth doing but make sure you have Allen keys that are under 4-5 inches in lenth (I hade longer ones around 6inch and it just made everything a real pain in the ass!)
    Haven't had occasion to look at one, but in a tight spot I've found the best way is often to cut a short length off an Allen key, then use a socket and ratchet (or a ratchet spanner.)

Users Country Flag

When I did it, I found that it was actually a T27 or T28 bit, not T25 or T30.

Made a big difference

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast