Thread: Anyone here using Sprint booster on a Passat? preferably on a TDI version?

Users Country Flag

Anyone here using Sprint booster on a Passat? preferably on a TDI version?

Anyone here using Sprint booster on a Passat? preferably on a TDI version?
    Reason I asked is if SB is good or bad for the DPF?

Sprintbooster only modifies the accelerator pedal signal. This means that all it actually does is change your driving style (electronically).

In that case it could have an effect on the DPF, as driving style has a big effect on DPF operation - but whether its good or bad or not measurable is not something easily tested.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ok so how do you drive a diesel. I can understand driving far on freeway helps clear dpf. But what about of normal inner city streets? Do you floor the pedal and drive aggressively or should you just cruise

Quote Originally Posted by cru22z View Post
    Ok so how do you drive a diesel. I can understand driving far on freeway helps clear dpf. But what about of normal inner city streets? Do you floor the pedal and drive aggressively or should you just cruise
    Clearing the DPF has nothing to do with flooring it - you need to get the exhaust up to temperature and maintain it there for an extended period - flooring it will only produce more soot and block it faster. Best to take the car up a freeway or highway, get the revs between 2000 - 2500 rpm and keep them there for a good 10 minutes.
    2007 Black Magic VW Golf GT TDi, Latte Leather, Sunroof, Bluefin Superchip, 18" Detroits, APR lower torque arm insert, APR Carbon Fibre Cold Air Intake system, GTi sideskirts & front lip, R32 Rear Bar, GTi Steering wheel, RNS-510,Infinity BassLink Subwoofer,stubby antenna, R8 Oil Cap, Golf R front calipers, slotted front rotors, ceramic brake pads, LITEC LED tail-lights, Dension Gateway Five, Rear Emblem Reverse Camera, H&R Ultralow coil-overs, Badge-less front grille

Any time you apply heavy accelerator input at low rpm (before the turbo comes on boost) will produce soot in the exhaust, but giving higher accelerator settings once the boost comes on will help raise the exhaust gas temperatures and burn off the soot.

If you want to know "should I get a sprintbooster so that my dpf wont clog as quickly", my answer would be no... there are other things you can do that will be more effective, like adding a provent catch can.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    No, just don't.

Users Country Flag

In my opinion the overall effect will be negligible. Whilst a more aggressive throttle "feel" will cause more soot initially on take off, you will also be "on boost" quicker, so my gut feel is a Sprintbooster will have limited real world effect. I have recommended Sprintboosters for diesels and other cars that can't be tuned just yet via the Alientech system, as a cheap way to alter the cars feel while you await an OBD crack.

If it terminally clogs ahead of time, just get it back flushed!
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.