Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: All PD Piezo Injector Failure Register.

State/City: Gippsland/Vic
    Make: Golf GT Sport
    Model:125 GT TDI
    Engine code:BMN 128883
    Build date:06/06/2008
    Odometer: exact km's at the time of failure: 121000
    Date when failed/broken down: day/month/year of failure:13/10/2012
    Dealership name who carried out the repairs: Sth Yarra VW
    How many injectors were replaced? All 4
    Was injectors wiring also replaced? Yes
    Cost to you:Nil - all covered under warranty
    Date when failed second time:N/A

Additional Comment: Dusk-No Warning,car gave "Coily" engine fault warning on dash, " Take to Workshop", limp mode then immediately after- shutdowm. On Hwy,luckily in country, pulled over to kerb, RACV diagnostics registered no fault.I knew exactly what it was from this and other thread (thanks all)
    Alliance extended warranty- Call centre hopeless, would not give advise or direction on due process-RACV brilliant, car towed to depot, then next day to Melbourne- $500 charge and taxi fare incurred from dealership. Believe VW paying under warranty for repairs (not Alliance) - Tow and Taxi Fare to be raised once car repaired(unattended for 2 days at VW uninspected, but they rang afternoon second day and confirmed injectors failure
    , said waiting for part- will be fixed in another two days. Will post again on end result, who pays, and what about tow and taxi??
    Current:12 Golf GTD, Mods on order -Bluefin Remap, Mods planned-plenty
    Former:08 GT Sport TDI DSG Bluefin, HPA SHS Coilovers,H&R Swaybars with Whiteline Adj Links

Update: Car back on road after a week. New injectors have 6 or 7 year warranty. No call back from VW customer service dept head office. Courteous Letter and attached invoice copies for tow and taxi, therefore subsequently submitted. Fingers Crossed.
    Current:12 Golf GTD, Mods on order -Bluefin Remap, Mods planned-plenty
    Former:08 GT Sport TDI DSG Bluefin, HPA SHS Coilovers,H&R Swaybars with Whiteline Adj Links

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Re: All PD Piezo Injector Failure Register.

Guys, there is another thread for conversation about the failure. By chatting in this one, you're not doing any favour to people with the failed injectors, since this thread will lose its purpose.

Edit:
    This fault register tread is only for people whose injectors failed, to put their details their details here.

Use the other thread for the chat.
    Last edited by Transporter; 03-11-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Users Country Flag
    State/City: Brisbane QLD
    Make: Golf
    Model: 125 GT TDI
    Engine code: BMN 129503
    Build date: 01/11/08
    Odometer: 68716
    Date when failed/broken down: 30/10/2012
    Dealership name who carried out the repairs: Highway Auto Volkswagen
    How many injectors were replaced? All 4
    Cost to you: Nil - goodwill
    Date when failed second time:N/A

So this has been an interesting case. Car shutdown without warning with flashing glow plug light at around 10pm approaching an intersection. Stopped right in the middle, luckily no cars around. Towed home then to the dealer the next day, I knew what it was from the moment it failed. What makes it interesting is that my car is out of warranty and I have various performance mods on it including a tune. Initial claim was refused even though VW knows full well this is a physical fault with the injector. Called VW and they said an ECU tune changes injection timing so they can't cover the injector under goodwill (they kept referring to injector timing, which means they have no clue what they're talking about but have been told the line by someone higher up). I was told that the case advisor is as high up the chain as it goes, I can't speak to VW warranty department direct.

After some more stick poking and a little insider help the dealer managed to get the case through to VW for the goodwill. Don't ask me how but I'm very lucky to have received it, it all worked out in the end and everything including wiring loom was replaced. Whoever only got the faulty injector replaced, there really is no excuse for not replacing everything. I was told because of my modifications though, I am not to receive the 7 year warranty on the new injectors. I don't really mind as I have a feeling I will be upgrading them before there's enough time for them to fail again, should they somehow still be faulty.
    TR 08 Golf GT TDI, Custom Code Phase 1, Milltek Exhaust, Whiteline RSB + ALK, APR Carbonio Intake

State/City:Victoria. Berwick
    Make: VW
    Model: Golf Mk5. 2.0 GT TDI
    Engine code:BKD
    Build date: 2008
    Odometer: exact km's at the time of failure 88,7?? Km

Date when failed/broken down: day/month/year of failure 14/11/2012

Dealership name who carried out the repairs: Currently waiting to decide ((Berwick VW

How many injectors were replaced? (4 to be done) 1 failure, others suspect ((4 replaced

Was injectors wiring also replaced? Will be upgraded ((yes

Cost to you: Currently researching best options (not VW) ((100% by VW - no cost

More details(optional). This had a hickup about 15000Km ago. Checked by dealer and said not to need upgrade and all injectors OK.
    DPF had failed, Fuel pump had failed. Pump replaced under warrentie, intermitant fault of loosing power, also allegid Air leaks. DPF refused as allegidally a consumable item?? Dealer had fudged computer adjustment? to run leaner. To give off less smoke (did not work very well). At great expense, parts imported from UK, to fix problem. All OK, Now new fault condition. Filled up fuel, 10 minuits latter motor died, idalling at intersection. Restarted OK, dies again idling at intersection after another 10 minuits. Got home OK, car running OK, not dash errors. Next morning 15/11/2012, car would not start. Checked fuel -OK. Checked fuel presure and filter -OK. Inspected Car in detail. #2 Injector had shorted to Ground (actuall reading 21.0 Ohm), other injectors varying impeadance but high readings - expecting to fail in short time. Checked wiring loom, measures OK (with high impedance meter, but not megameter). Insulation notably brital, requiring replacment.
    (This is the last German Diesel, I will ever buy. Twice bitten) (( Now all fixed injectors, bolts, harness, etc
    Link to the post
    Last edited by davidno64; 22-11-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Users Country Flag

State/City: Vic / Melbourne
    Make: VW
    Model: Golf Mk 5 GT Sport TDI
    Engine code: BMN
    Build date: 12/07
    Odometer: 48000
    Date when failed/broken down: 05/01/2013
    Dealership name who carried out the repairs: Wodonga Prestige
    How many injectors were replaced? 4
    Cost to you: $0
    Date when failed second time: Not yet...

More details(optional).
    Exhaust management system (engine looking symbol) light lit up yellow and MFD said "Engine fault, Contact Workshop" or thereabouts. Engine would not restart at all, with exhaust mgt system light remaining lit. RACV towed car to dealer.
    Note: standard warranty had expired, no extended warranty but dealer still carried out all works as warranty repairs, apparently the cost is being borne by the injector manufacturer. Estimated cost would otherwise have been $6500! Travel costs from Wodonga to Melbourne and back weren't covered.
    Repair time took about 1.5 wks including time to order parts etc.
    08 Golf GT Sport TDI - Blue Graphite, Manual
    13 Passat 118 TSI - White

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234