Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All PD Piezo Injector Failure Register.

State/City: Perth WA
    Make: VW
    Model: Passat
    Engine code: 2.0 TDI
    Build date:2007
    Odometer: exact km's at the time of failure 54,000
    Date when failed/broken down: day/month/year of failure 11/9/2011
    Dealership name who carried out the repairs: DVG VW Melville
    How many injectors were replaced? 4
    Was injectors wiring also replaced? yes
    Cost to you:$5,400
    Date when failed second time: not yet.

VW claim my vehicle is "not included in a service campaign". I'm busy preparing a challenge with the relevant authorities so if anyone has any advice I'm all ears.
    Last edited by Transporter; 20-01-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Users Country Flag
    If you check the facebook page = Fix the Siemens 125 injector failure - it seems the VAG group over there has just announced an actual letter out type of recall to owners of 2006-2007 cars, would be very worth your while to look into that!!!

If anyone else has problems, PLEASE don't pay VW Australia prices, I hear injectors are 200 pounds each in the UK now if you know where to look - posted on the facebook page.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

State/City: QLD, townsville
    Make: Passat
    Model:125 TDI
    Engine code:BMR
    Build date:07/02/2008
    Odometer: exact km's at the time of failure: 50430
    Date when failed/broken down: day/month/year of failure:27/02/2012
    Dealership name who carried out the repairs: Pickerings
    How many injectors were replaced? All 4
    Was injectors wiring also replaced? Yes
    Cost to you:Nil - all covered under warranty
    Date when failed second time:N/A

No hassle from dealer, after checking out reason for engine failure, they did all the running with issue as per TPI now out and rang me with cause of failure and advised that they would be doing all replacement work FOC under upgraded 7 year warranty on Injectors / harness.
    Granite Passat sedan TDI (125kw), DSG, beige leather
    Candy White Polo 6R, 66TDI, DSG, no options

State/City: Melbourne
    Model: MY08 TDI 125kw
    Engine code:
    Build date: 11/07
    Odometer: exact km's at the time of failure 63000
    Date when failed/broken down: day/month/year of failure 5/12/10
    Dealership name who carried out the repairs:Berwin VW
    Cost to you: Nil apart from 3 days car hire.
    MY12 Volvo V60 T5 Tekink in Ice White
    MY08 125Kw TDI DSG Wagon in Mocca (02/08 - 03/12)

Users Country Flag
    State/City:NSW/Sydney
    Model: Passat TDI
    Engine code: BMR
    Build date: Jan 2008
    Odometer: exact km's at the time of failure 61000
    Date when failed/broken down: day/month/year of failure Feb 2012
    Dealership name who carried out the repairs: McCarroll's Volkswagen Waitara NSW
    Cost to you: NIL. Covered all under warranty, even though car 3 years & 10 months old.
    Date when failed second time: Hopefully never.
    Last edited by VWgoty; 13-08-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Users Country Flag
    State/City: NSW/Central Coast
    Make: Audi
    Model: A3 2.0 TDI (125 kW), 8P Sportback S-Tronic Ambition 2008 Comfort Pack
    Engine code: ???
    Build date: October 2007
    Odometer: 90k
    Date when failed/broken down: 25/12/2011
    How many injectors were replaced: 1 (#3)
    Was injectors wiring also replaced: Yes
    Cost to you: 13 days off the road during annual leave period. Received the car back the morning of my wedding.
    More details: Failed the day after its 90k service in an Audi dealer workshop. Audi Customer Service refused to replace all four injectors and stated some such about it being a second hand car and not fully Audi serviced. The car was perfect and had been serviced every 15000kms both by Audi and twice (minor service) by a reputable local dealer. I bought it with 32k on the clock and it had run faultless until .... shut down !!!
    Cost to me $2k parts and labour + $230 hire car cost.

Date when failed/ second time: 03/04/2012
    Odometer: 97k
    How many injectors were replaced: still at dealer
    Was injectors wiring also replaced: still at dealer
    Cost to you: 8 days and counting

More details: Audi Customer Service has indicated they will replace 1 failed injector (#2). It appears that the ECU may have also failed. The Audi Australia customer service guy stated he had not heard of this issue so I sent him a massive amount of information regarding the failure of the injectors so he would be better informed. Thank you forum\internet people.

Stay tuned. This was my first Audi. A really nice car by all standards, frugal, comfortable and perfect for my needs but .... the engine cutting out at 120km\hr in the fast lane (on an uphill stretch whilst overtaking) of a major freeway on Christmas day traffic, and again, stopping at night in a major intersection before Easter with a family holiday planned, the cost of the initial repair and the obfuscation of Audi Australia makes me a very unhappy consumer.

Stay tuned .....

Date when failed third time: TBA
    Last edited by Greygrom; 10-04-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Users Country Flag
    After excellent representation from Central Coast Audi my failed injector issue has been resolved with the replacement of the remaining 3 injectors at Audi expense.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Greygrom View Post
    After excellent representation from Central Coast Audi my failed injector issue has been resolved with the replacement of the remaining 3 injectors at Audi expense.
    So they should. Good to hear. All 4 injectors were replaced with our VW and we were told, the chance it happens again, is like 1 in a million. Lets hope they are right. VW injectors have 7 years warranty on them from car origin. Once that is over,we will think twice about keeping car. Its a pity.

State/City: Melbourne/Oz
    Model: Passat Wagon 2.0 TDI (125 kw)
    Engine code: BMR
    Build date: Dec 07
    Odometer: exact km's at the time of failure: 66138
    Date when failed/broken down: day/month/year of failure: 9/5/12
    Dealership name who carried out the repairs: Camberwell VW
    How many injectors were replaced? All
    Was injectors wiring also replaced? Yes
    Cost to you: $0
    Date when failed second time: Not Yet?

More details(optional). When the engine failed in busy traffic I knew the injectors would be the problem. The RACV guy agreed although he did minimal diagnostics. As I had a car load of tools and trailer on the back I got the car & trailer towed back home. The next day I paid ($14 for a tow to the dealership. Once there I expressed my concerns to the service guy who said that he would seek to get the job done as a gesture of goodwill by VWA, as i was several months outside warranty. He rang early the next day to say that VWA had come to the party and there would be no cost to me, in addition the job would be completed at close of business that day. All round a good outcome I would say.

Users Country Flag

Further information on my injector experience...

Still no car. It has been in the shop since the 3rd April.

It would appear that when Alto Pennant Hills fixed the first failed injector (#1) in January they somehow damaged the #1 piston and\or valves or they where damaged during the injector failure and subsequent total engine shutdown at 120km hr in the fast lane. For this "fix" Alto charged me $2000 of which I am yet to see a refund based on the FACT that the injector failure was due to a know faulty design.

Central Coast Audi replaced the other 3 injectors, put the whole lot back together and discovered a "strange noise" in the engine. Since then they have replaced valves and roller bearings, had the head and sump off and put the engine back a couple of times but the noise persisted. They tracked it down to .... #1 cylinder and are now waiting for a new piston and rings to arrive.

Audi Australia is yet to call me back or acknowledge the problem with these injectors and continues to bluff their way forward using the term "goodwill". GOODWILL .... I think that expired long ago.

Audi Central Coast has provided a loan car and continues to work towards a fix.

IMHO .... the term "good outcome" should not be attributed to the VAG policy of waiting until the injector fails and putting drivers in danger and then replacing these injectors. Nor should it be attributed to the FACT that the car owner has to go through the inconvenience of the break down, tow and service policy.

These injectors should be subject to a recall based on the safety factor alone.

Stay tuned this saga is far from over.
    Last edited by Greygrom; 27-05-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast