Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 125kw TDI Golf MkV BMN - Engine Speed Sensor (G28) and P3138 Intake Manifold Dev Errs

Users Country Flag

That's it.

It's for readouts only. I use it to see what my DPF is doing, and other temps, but that's it.

I got it mainly for a speed readout from the ABS sensor, so it's accurate as possible, rather than the needle which is way off.

Here's a regen happening

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 125kw TDI Golf MkV BMN - Engine Speed Sensor (G28) and P3138 Intake Manifold Dev Errs-glgkawj-2-jpg   125kw TDI Golf MkV BMN - Engine Speed Sensor (G28) and P3138 Intake Manifold Dev Errs-dpf_regen-jpg  

Last edited by benough; 22-10-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thats awesome - definately getting one - found one in germany for about $350.

About to put the replacement Darkside Alloy inlet conversion kit in today.. replacing the plastic version. My son is helping - wish us luck lol..

I'll post how it goes, in case anybody else is interested.

Users Country Flag
    Just like to add to this , as owner of GTd BMN Mk5 I had lots of experience with G28 sensor and other mentioned components.

Quickly just on price of VCDs cable is not 300 but in $600US

G28 sensor error on BMN engine will always throw a bad code in any bad cranking attempt ...

Bad injector will reflect bad crank and throw G28 error

Bad starter motor will not register on VCDs but will throw the same G28 error on cranking

EGR will he associated with same attempts resulting in starving the engine and Computer reading same G28 error. However the VCDs will log EGR sensor readings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ak77 View Post
    Just like to add to this , as owner of GTd BMN Mk5 I had lots of experience with G28 sensor and other mentioned components.

Quickly just on price of VCDs cable is not 300 but in $600US
    Thanks for the info - its a problem child this car.. but fun when it isn't doing a regen (every 3 days)

My VCDS cable is the 3 car edition USB and cost 199-299USD

HEX-V2 Enthusiast | Ross-Tech

I did change the manifold to the alloy one, works beautifully, but make it impossible to take out the oil filter properly, you have to pop the lid of the filter and then remove them seperately! - the alloy has a large overhang..

I still cannot beleive that teh DPF gets to 40% in 3 days of slow driving to work (about 15-30 mins in traffic each way)

G28 Sensor replacement - TDI 2.0 BMN

Quote Originally Posted by ak77 View Post

G28 sensor error on BMN engine will always throw a bad code in any bad cranking attempt ...

Bad injector will reflect bad crank and throw G28 error

Bad starter motor will not register on VCDs but will throw the same G28 error on cranking

EGR will he associated with same attempts resulting in starving the engine and Computer reading same G28 error. However the VCDs will log EGR sensor readings.

SO I just got this error again after having the sensor replaced 6 months ago, and I think you are right. Cranking issues throwing a g28 error don't necessarily mean its a G28 sensor error...

I am cranking on cold and hot starts, maybe 3 to 4 3 second attempts before firing. Some longer.

Been though a few diagnostic videos, fuel pump, filter, VVT (not sure I have this though) - not sure what to do yet.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete N View Post
    SO I just got this error again after having the sensor replaced 6 months ago, and I think you are right. Cranking issues throwing a g28 error don't necessarily mean its a G28 sensor error...

I am cranking on cold and hot starts, maybe 3 to 4 3 second attempts before firing. Some longer.

Been though a few diagnostic videos, fuel pump, filter, VVT (not sure I have this though) - not sure what to do yet.
    Maybe it’s a time for new battery.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Maybe it’s a time for new battery.
    Look at the starter motor , then battery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12