Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 103kW/125kw TDI PD Piezo Siemens injector failure thread

Great....another "bush lawyer".

Users Country Flag
    Should I get a barrister to offer an opinion? I know one but who want to bear the cost....?

im getting my gt golf tdi today... but they only replaced 1 injector... waited for a week to have it replaced.i now fear driving this car so might give it a toss very soon.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pongpagong View Post
    im getting my gt golf tdi today... but they only replaced 1 injector... waited for a week to have it replaced.i now fear driving this car so might give it a toss very soon.
    Just drive it as much as you can and get it as hot as you can. If the other injectors are about to fail, you want them to fail asap. Also always make sure you have the paperwork (what they've done) and keep it for later, if needed.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ludicrous to just do one. Time VW stepped up and accepted responsibility.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Read some interesting stuff on Wikipedia (yes I know not the best source) that confirms when Common Rail was introduced as part of TDI. Transporter has advised that the Common Rail engines don't have the injector problem.

Just thought others might be interested.

Common rail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    My Car - 2011 VW TDI Black - Lugano Wheels, Auto Park, Dyno Audio Sound, Lights Pack etc etc
    My Wife's Car - 2013 BMW X1 18 S Line Black

Waiting for - 2014 VW Golf Highline 103TSI with Driver Assist - Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    I found this US site, might be of interest....

2009 VW Jetta TDI Diesel Models being looked into by NHTSA

37,000 ouch

can we re name this thread to 103kw/125kw piezo injectors as it affects both versions across the Golf, Passat and Jetta.
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Trouble is if they do a recall overseas ...will it be simply ignored here.

I would question the "No recalls". I took mine in for both a service and repair. A GT TDI MK5.
    I was experiencing intermitant faults. Not starting first time, cruse cont. issues, Glow plug sticking on, Engine error light on dash, Power loss,
    DSG sticking in second and holding, etc. These were all intermitant and mostly not at the same time. It was fixed under warrenty (now also to find a scratch in the paint). They had replaced the wireing loom that runs to the MAF. VW knew what it was, when the full list of faults were given and it is a new and known recall to them. Since I have only had one startins issue, but fine on second attempt.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast