Support VWWC

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 103kW/125kw TDI PD Piezo Siemens injector failure thread

I am surprised that the injector replacement is not a dealer only job. On one brand I know of anyone can replace the injectors but until they are coded to the car the injector will not work and that is a dealer only job.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I am surprised that the injector replacement is not a dealer only job. On one brand I know of anyone can replace the injectors but until they are coded to the car the injector will not work and that is a dealer only job.
    Yeah, Toyota tried many things to fight aftermarket and it didn't work.

It works with Mazda, no dealer coding = no go, ask those who have tried to get around it. Panel beaters for instance are finding that after they replace a power steering pump on a Mazda they have to get a dealer to code it also. It surprises me as I said that VW have not gone down this path. Also any one who fiddles with a common rail diesel fuel system had better know what they are doing due to the extremely high fuel rail pressures, it is a job not to be taken lightly. Don't believe it? it's your problem if you get injured.

Users Country Flag
    I had one of my injectors fail under warranty but as far as I know the loom stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by PeDiES View Post
    ive gotten a few of these in at work, the problem isn't the loom breaking its the injector shorting out, thats why when it happens the car will not run at all because it shorts the whole circut.

this doesn't damage any of the other injectors or the loom, the main reason (not only reason) vw will change the loom is because the plugs shatter when removing them (sometimes not, no loom required). To replace them you need a tool kit to get them out (which i have) it includes other peices like dial indicator mount so that you can set up the clearances of the rockers.

To sum up, if it happens to your car you can replace just the one injector, ive only seen number 2 fail so far, but ive only done 2 cars.
    No doubt the other might fail but i think its worth the $4500 difference to hope for the best.

Users Country Flag
    So what are the symptoms when an injector fails? Is it catastrophic or does your car just start running on 3 cylinders?
    Golf GT Sport TDI

Users Country Flag
    Mine just stopped and wouldn't start again. Zero warning.

Maybe you should get onto that used car warranty Jarred?

Quote Originally Posted by benough View Post
    Mine just stopped and wouldn't start again. Zero warning.

Maybe you should get onto that used car warranty Jarred?
    most used car warrantys will only cover part cost, hardly worth it

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PeDiES View Post
    most used car warrantys will only cover part cost, hardly worth it
    Yep thats why I'm not bothering.. Whats the deal with VW offering exchanges? I would assume its not free, but I think I read somewhere about them selling the refurbished ones?
    Golf GT Sport TDI

they will sell you an injector with a core charge which they then return when you return the old injector. The injector cost is there the whole time its just the core charge that comes and goes. My guess is they go back to siemens in mass then the cycle continues

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Be great to get a firm price on that, at this stage it seems going OS is FAR cheaper.....
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast