Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 103kW/125kw TDI PD Piezo Siemens injector failure thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

...with pizeo injectors I believe! It's the main thing stopping me from upgrading, but hopefully they are Bosch where you can get injector parts over Siemens where you can't. I'm sure they are upgraded, but I am still wary of pizeo technology!
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post
    ...with pizeo injectors I believe! It's the main thing stopping me from upgrading, but hopefully they are Bosch where you can get injector parts over Siemens where you can't. I'm sure they are upgraded, but I am still wary of pizeo technology!
    I know what you mean. For the similar reasons I don't want to downgrade my T5 to the new T5 4 cyl twin turbo, because so far I didn't have any real failures. The new is not always upgrade to me.

Hopefully your injectors won't brake down.

Users Country Flag
    Greg, I thought you said that the CR injectors were OK, even if they use Piezo-Electric actuation, because the injector and loom aren't immersed in engine oil, which the PD injectors need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Hm, I think that so far there is no one who is too much out of pocket when the injectors failed. At least in our forum and if there would be someone, cold you please direct him to post his details in this thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f28/...tml#post624276
    Mark my words I'll be "that guy" when/if my injectors go - if my track record of getting things replaced under warranty are anything to go by.
    2007 Black Magic VW Golf GT TDi, Latte Leather, Sunroof, Bluefin Superchip, 18" Detroits, APR lower torque arm insert, APR Carbon Fibre Cold Air Intake system, GTi sideskirts & front lip, R32 Rear Bar, GTi Steering wheel, RNS-510,Infinity BassLink Subwoofer,stubby antenna, R8 Oil Cap, Golf R front calipers, slotted front rotors, ceramic brake pads, LITEC LED tail-lights, Dension Gateway Five, Rear Emblem Reverse Camera, H&R Ultralow coil-overs, Badge-less front grille

Quote Originally Posted by kaanage View Post
    Greg, I thought you said that the CR injectors were OK, even if they use Piezo-Electric actuation, because the injector and loom aren't immersed in engine oil, which the PD injectors need to be.
    Good point mate, but oil seems to be hardening the plastic insulation on the loom ( as you expect from long term oil immersion ) whereas the Pizeo component insulation seems to be more an internal design flaw. The parts theorised to fail thus far are totally sealed within insulation, and it would appear oil has no role in the actual injector failure from current facts available.

I'd think the new CR has better injectors, and the fact they have gone back to Bosh ( with all the spares ) is a good move, and that combined with a second generation DPF makes for a much improved diesel experience, but I'm still not sold on Pizeo technology until the failure mode is revealed.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

From yet another thread full of failure, some hard facts at last!!!

A3 TDI PD injector loom issues - Audi Mag | VAGOC.co.uk

NEW improved loom 03G971033L @£82.28
    injector 03G130073TX @£556

Old part numbers, just so you can cross reference, this info came from Audi Hatfield.
    loom 03G971033D
    injector 03G130073MX

The old loom: Part number suffix 'D' dropped on 01/04/2008 and changed to suffx 'L' according to ETKA.

Users Country Flag
    I'll have to check my invoice from my injectors and see if the part numbers match.

So if there's an improved loom out there why doesn't VW just do a recall to have them replaced and avoid any potential future issues? Surely the recent reported problems is hurting their reliability reputation?
    2007 Black Magic VW Golf GT TDi, Latte Leather, Sunroof, Bluefin Superchip, 18" Detroits, APR lower torque arm insert, APR Carbon Fibre Cold Air Intake system, GTi sideskirts & front lip, R32 Rear Bar, GTi Steering wheel, RNS-510,Infinity BassLink Subwoofer,stubby antenna, R8 Oil Cap, Golf R front calipers, slotted front rotors, ceramic brake pads, LITEC LED tail-lights, Dension Gateway Five, Rear Emblem Reverse Camera, H&R Ultralow coil-overs, Badge-less front grille

Quote Originally Posted by poyta View Post
    So if there's an improved loom out there why doesn't VW just do a recall to have them replaced and avoid any potential future issues? Surely the recent reported problems is hurting their reliability reputation?
    I deal with recalls on a daily basis, but sadly, until there's a serious injury or the ACCC gets wind of the seriousness of the issue (hint) it's unlikely that a recall will be voluntarily be conducted by vw.

A recall wil hurt their rep way more than not conducting one... don't forget it hurts their bottom line even more, they are a business after all.
    MKV Golf 2.0 TDI DSG Sportline. Just nice.

Users Country Flag

I've read most of this thread, but haven't seen the answer to this: do the TDI common rail motors have the same injectors (Siemens) that were giving trouble and if so do they still give trouble?

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast