Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: turbocharging Passat R36

I definitely wouldn't buy a Ferrari for speed. It's secondary to looks, sound, and spectacle as far as I'm concerned.

The Ferrari I'd love to own isn't particularly fast, but it makes up for it in other ways
    R36 =

Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    FASTER IN STRAIGHT LINE = SHORTER IN LIFE = FASTER TO HELL.

You could be correct, modify a rex and beats any Lambo/ Ferrari. Chuck in shxtloads of mods and $$......At the end of the day, it is still a JAPANESE car and a SUBARU or a piece of plastic. NO CLASS at all. If i was driving a Ferrari and some WRX wanna race me straight line. I wouldnt bother looking at him, would I. We are in different level/class my friend.
    as far as im concerned a ferrari is just a loser car. theres way better faster classier sexier cars for the money. i have much respect for someone who has worked on their car for years and can roll up at the lights and embarrass the **** out of some loser ferrari driver who thinks hes cool; doesnt matter if its a subie or a vw or whatever.
    2x Caddy, 1x Ducato

Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    If i was driving a Ferrari and some WRX wanna race me straight line. I wouldnt bother looking at him, would I. We are in different level/class my friend.
    You'd be suprised how many people want an ego boost in their $300,000 penis extension.

My mate in an otherwise standard R32 GTR has handed PLENTY of exotics their arses - I was with him once when he raced a 911 turbo, absolutely demolishing it with <$2000 worth of mods. (Exhaust, intake, boost controller)

I'm not saying these cars are classy, just that supercars aren't as quick as their name would have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischa View Post
    as far as im concerned a ferrari is just a loser car. theres way better faster classier sexier cars for the money. i have much respect for someone who has worked on their car for years and can roll up at the lights and embarrass the **** out of some loser ferrari driver who thinks hes cool; doesnt matter if its a subie or a vw or whatever.
    Just different in taste buddy. I don't like orange and you don't like apple. I wouldnt say Ferrari driver is a loser. They like their cars where as we like our VW's. We all could fall into Hyundai's one day !!!

Delivered 9/6/08 : MY 08 (Mar 08 Build) Passat 125kw
    Sunroof|Leather+Mem Seat|Bi-Xenon|RNS510|Alarm|Fog Lights.

Regarding the original question of getting more oomph from the R36.... I had a couple of thoughts.

Firstly, some company with a name I can't remember does make DSG strengthening kits. I think it's HPA, but I can't find the details in their website.

I don't think it would take much for a tuning company to make an ECU flash that would eliminate the artificial holding back of the engine to 350nm (the level VW are comfortable pumping through the DSG box) and open up the full, unrestricted output - whatever that may be.

We'll see, I guess...
    R36 =

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123